Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is now seeking a Manager, Franchise Quality to join our team at the Parsippany - 22 Sylvan Way location in Parsippany, New Jersey.
The Manager, Franchise Quality works directly with the Sr. Director of Operations within their district. This position requires up to 100% travel. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to performing QA reviews, consultation with property management and staff on QA related issues, managing a team of Franchise Quality Specialists, and providing training assistance for property staff. Managers are also required to conduct de-identification inspections of terminated sites. The role will be responsible for working with brand senior leadership on projects. The role will also assist in executing departmental initiatives. The Manager will be directly responsible for a team of Specialists, Franchise Quality, providing leadership, guidance and development opportunities for the team.
Manage and develop SFQs in District
1. Lead and develop SFQ associates
2. Develop operating plans and match associate skills to key initiatives, projects and reviews.
3. Provide learning and development opportunities for the associates.
Lead QA review process
1. Develop schedule for QA/PIP reviews
2. Ensure quality of team output
3. Perform on-site quality evaluations
4. Generate accurate, thoroughly detailed QA reports documenting the findings of the evaluation.
5. Ensure accurate and effective QA reports are delivered by the team while on site to Franchisee and brand operations teams.
6. Develop team's ability to increase property improvements related to QA items noted.
7. Conduct de-identification inspections of terminated sites
Develop property training and lead process improvement initiatives to:
1. Improve QA technology/procedures
2. Clarify Brand standards
3. Implement Housekeeping best practices
4. Encourage Preventive Maintenance techniques
5. Enhance Guest service -WynReview
6. WHG Tools & Resources (MyPortal/WynSource /QA Central)
Complete, submit and approve all necessary administrative work including:
1. Completion and accuracy of logs in SalesForce
2. Effective planning and completion of weekly schedules
3. Participate in various QA events as scheduled
4. Travel & Expenses
5. Email communication
6. Technology updates
7. Brand updates
• This position involves a high level of decision-making for ensuring consistent effective grading of compliance, condition, and cleanliness of the property for both QA and punch list inspections.
• Travel schedule of departmental management necessitates that the candidate work with a high level of autonomy.
• The candidate will report in detail to the Director on current status of initiatives and any risks that may impact the quality of WHG brands, timing of evaluations, and adherence to budget.
• There will be managerial responsibilities for this position.
• Will be required to travel to meet with team to pilot and initiate new programs and procedures.
• This position contributes to the company's objectives and goals by organizing raw data into relevant information and leading special projects designed to refine the overall Franchise Quality department.
• Manage travel-related expenses as per department/company policies.
• Maintain good standing with company issued American Express credit card.
• Team and project leadership.
• Must have the ability and communication skills to provide presentations and reports to executive leadership.
• Candidate must be able to represent the director on his/her behalf, in meetings and at events when the director cannot be present.
• Candidate must have the ability to make informed decisions on the director's behalf, if an immediate decision is required and the director is not available.
• Effective communication skills.
• General computer knowledge, including:
o Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
o Microsoft Outlook
o Internet (applications such as MyPortal)
• Position entails exposure to interior and exterior hotel property environments inclusive of the multilevel properties, inclement weather (i.e. stairs, onsite restaurants, pool and exercise facilities, etc.)
• Seamless continuation of work while traveling on company business (i.e. conduct work using mobile devices, from hotels, while at trade shows, and/or across varying time zones when necessary)
• 90 % travel with flexible work schedule
• Work under pressure with extended hours/days when required, in order to meet deadlines
• Must be able to independently prioritize and schedule multiple responsibilities
• This position requires the ability to stand and be on your feet for approximately 50% of the day
• This position requires the ability to sit and drive long distances for approximately 75% of the week
• Qualified candidates must be able to lift a minimum of 10 lbs.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required to effectively present material to various audiences
• This position requires the ability to bend, twist, squat, push/pull while inspecting properties
• Must have prior Wyndham QA Experience
• Minimum 4 years hotel property level background required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or Hospitality related field required.
• Advanced degree in Business or Hospitality preferred
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: Parsippany - 22 Sylvan Way, 22 Sylvan Way, Parsippany, New Jersey 07054
Employment Status: Full-time