Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is now seeking a Mobile Developer, Digital Systems to join our team at the Parsippany - 22 Sylvan Way location in Parsippany, New Jersey.Job Summary
The Business Technology and Integration team is responsible for the Global IT Strategy design to meet the strategic needs of the business. The team works closely with the Business and IT teams to evolve business needs across the globe into technology solutions that are delivered through the IT Roadmap.
The Mobile Developer - Digital Systems works as an integral part of the Business Technology and Integration team and is responsible for ensuring that our mobile products create value for our customers as well as for the company. The Mobile Developer - Digital Systems will interact with business customers, participate in solution architecture, collaborate with development team members, and understand how the company works.
The Mobile Developer - Digital Systems skills will include empathy, vision, communication, decision-making, and stakeholder management; tactical skills include product backlog prioritization and management, user stories, product validation techniques, and technical understanding.
The Mobile Developer - Digital Systems is accountable for ensuring that the system designs adhere to established architectural principles, solution architecture that meets business requirements and functional specifications and be the develop technical solution design across multiple efforts and dependencies for their primary technology domain.Responsibilities
-Develop and implement new software programs
-Maintain and improve the performance of existing software
-Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues
-Design and update software database
-Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization
The Mobile Developer - Digital Systems will participate in the development and expansion of documentation and artifacts supporting our digital strategy and overall IT roadmap.
This position requires active participation across multiple functions and departments along with working relationships with the various Business and IT divisions as a peer and colleague. This will require interaction and collaboration with various business units, third-party technology vendors and other systems development personnel. Expected to be semi-autonomous and work individually without supervision making technical decisions to the system being enhanced or maintained. The role will be tasked with coordinating technical efforts within our IT department as well as with our offshore vendors. Scope/Financial Responsibility
Will make solution level decisions within the agreed upon scope of the projectAbilities/Key Competencies/Skills
• Project management and execution in all areas of a software development lifecycle: triage, requirements analysis, implementation, quality assurance, user acceptance testing, rollout and ongoing support
• Ability to effectively manage priorities across diverse stakeholders and systems
• Great communication and referent leadership abilities - lead and influence teams across department teams to accomplish program projects and goals
• Strong documentation skills (business processes, root cause analysis, business requirements, etc.)
• Organization and follow up
• Commitment to process and program excellence
• Some basic data analysis skills (excel skills, understanding of databases)
• Strong business acumen. Ability to apply analytical and problem-solving skills towards development of product strategy and solutions to day-to-day issuesExperience & Education
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science required
• 2+ years' experience in building mobile applications with Android SDK / iOS SDK.
• 2+ years' experience in mobile and software development using languages Swift and Kotlin. Exposure to other languages such as Objective C, Java, Python and Scala is a plus.
• 2+ years' experience with modern mobile and server design practices such as VIPER, MVVM, MVP, SOLID principals and TDD.
• Demonstrated knowledge of designing for optimal code in terms of performance and size.
• Demonstrated knowledge of mobile application development principles and deployment procedures.
• Demonstrated knowledge of mobile application security, authentication and encryption technologies.
• Exposure to front end web and mobile development languages such as React, AngularJS and React Native is a plus.
• Understanding of design patterns, open source frameworks, Unified Modeling language (UML) and development methodologies like Rational Unified Process (RUP), Extreme programming (XP), Rapid Application Development (RAD) and Agile.
• Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
• Demonstrated understanding of projects from the perspective of both client and business
• Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
• Strong attention to detailCOMPANY OVERVIEW:
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.Job Location:
Parsippany - 22 Sylvan Way, 22 Sylvan Way, Parsippany, New Jersey 07054
Employment Status: Full-time