Our people make this a great place to work! Smokey Bones is proud to have been awarded and recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work for 2020/2021.
As our culture here at Smokey Bones continues its evolution towards growth, we are fully focused on diversity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and stay. We are committed to equality and believe deeply in the unique differences that make up who you are and is clearly reflected in our core value "Be Yourself".
We are looking for Line Cooks to join the "Heart of the House" and fire things up!
About the Job:
- Monitors product supply and replenishes stock when necessary.
- Reads order tickets and/or listens to what dishes are called to determine what items need to be prepared.
- Prioritizes cooking and preparation times of each order to ensure proper pacing of guest meals.
- Adjusts ingredients and ingredient amounts by substituting various food products to accommodate guests' special requests.
- Prepares food items using recipe instructions, proper portioning methods, and cooking standards to fulfill guests' orders.
- Prepares and stores unused food products using FIFO procedures to ensure freshness of product and eliminate waste.
- Inspects color, consistency, firmness, and temperature of food products to ensure food is cooked to standards and guests' specifications.
- Inspects food orders before sending them out to ensure proper plate presentation, portioning, and recipe adherence.
What we Offer:
- A fun environment.
- Flexible scheduling.
- Benefits for part-time & full-time Firestarters.
- Tickets at work discount program.
- Employee discounts on our food.
- Opportunities for career growth and development through the organization including brand ambassadors, marketing, operations leadership, human resources leadership, and more. We want to help you become the best version of yourself & reach your fullest potential!
- Preventative Healthcare plan for all employees
- Limited indemnity offered for diagnostic, hospital, prescription drug
- Includes patient planning and advocacy services
- Additional healthcare benefits starting at 20 hours per week include increased accident, critical illness, and hospital coverage
- College scholarships for ALL smokey bones employees and their immediate family members!
- Discounts on 1000's of products and services, including pay-as-you-go plans, through free membership through benefits hub.
- FREE Employee Life Assistance Program services to ALL Smokey Bones employees.
- Preferred legal plan which includes numerous FREE legal services, and up to 70% reduction on representation.
About Smokey Bones:
Smokey Bones is a full-service restaurant delivering great barbecue, award-winning ribs, and good times in 61 locations across 16 states. Smokey Bones serves lunch and dinner and has a full bar featuring a variety of bourbons and whiskeys; a selection of domestic, import, and local craft beers; and signature, handcrafted cocktails. We offer a variety of meats that are slow-smoked, fire-grilled, and available for dine-in, pick-up, online ordering, or catering delivery.
• POS Screening Questions
• Frequent Hand Washing
• Guest Touchpoint Sanitization & Disinfection
• Daily Temperature Checks
• Wearing Face Masks Correctly Throughout Shift
• Social Distancing
Posting ID: 603744921Posted: 2021-02-24