RN Clinical Educator
Job Code: 1811
The RN Clinical Educator develops and implements programs for professional nursing and therapy staff as well as ancillary nursing and therapy staff and collaborates with patient care leadership in presenting internal and external community educational programs. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
The RN Clinical Educator responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Develops educational programs including writing objectives, developing curriculum, defining teaching methods, constructing examinations and developing evaluation
* Responsible for marketing and promoting educational programs in order to achieve maximum participation
* Implements educational programs in both formal and informal settings
* Documents attendance and learner outcomes for permanent record keeping
* Serves as a mentor/resource person to clinical staff, clinical management, patient care administration, physicians, students and faculty, patients and others
* Coordinates nursing and therapy education, maintains employee confidential educational information and serves on various clinical committees
INTEGRIS Home Care only:
* RN Clinical Educator will assist in patient care, case manage patient's, rotate call with other clinical office staff and any additional clinical duties as assigned
The RN Clinical Educator reports to the department Director or Clinical Manager as assigned.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Possible exposures to infectious blood and body fluids, sharps, hazardous radiation and chemicals, electrical shock and back injury while teaching in patient care areas and/or conference center. Also frequently exposed to communicable diseases while in patient care areas. Frequently exposed to constant interruptions, hot/cold and noisy environment. Frequently exposed to high stress related to public speaking, high expectations from students, deadlines and changes in scheduling and cancellations. May be required to utilize universal precautions and protective clothing while teaching in patient care areas.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* Associates or Bachelors degree in Nursing
* Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Oklahoma or current multistate license from a Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) member state
* 3 years experience as a registered nurse
* 1 year experience in related specialty area
* 1 year formal or informal teaching experience
* This job requires the incumbents to operate a INTEGRIS-owned vehicle OR personal vehicle (non INTEGRIS-owned) and therefore must have a current Oklahoma State Drivers License as well as a driving record which is acceptable to our insurance carrier
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English