Kelly Services is currently looking to hire a Senior Buyer, Commercial/Marketing to work on contract for one of our top Medical Device/Pharma clients on-site in Rochester, NY.
OBJECTIVES/PURPOSE OF JOB
- Responsible for strategic and tactical purchasing responsibilities for sourcing of
- Commercial services necessary to support corporate functions.
- Must rely on extensive experience, industry/commodity knowledge, and sound analysis to plan and accomplish global sourcing and procurement goals and objectives.
- Subject matter expert for given commodities including staying current on purchasing best practices, and market trends and conditions.
- Participate and support multi-disciplined teams to develop and implement sourcing strategies and tactics.
- Manage Supplier relationships to drive improvements in total cost of ownership/acquisition through RFI/RFQ/RFP process, and support new product development.
- Procure and negotiate contracts associated with Commercial Services, including
- meetings, events, print, market research, etc., to support corporate functions.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies to manage critical projects.
- Develop and maintain expertise for given commodities and industries inclusive of cost drivers, supply constraints and supplier base both on a local, national and global basis.
- Identify and present potential business opportunities to the Management Team.
- Collaborate with other business units as warranted.
- Monitor, measure and report Supplier performance in the areas of quality, delivery and customer service.
- Support Lean initiatives.
Education: BA or BS with related experience required. MS/MBA/CPM desired.
- 3-6 Years of experience in sourcing and procurement
- Commercial/Marketing/Meetings experience is desired.
- Proficiency in MS Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access.
- Experience negotiating with suppliers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work-just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
Posting ID: 605997424Posted: 2021-02-28