Position: Administrative Assistance
Location: Providence, RI
Duration: 6 + Months
- The AC responsibilities will require knowledge of office skills, personal computers, scanners, copy and fax machines, and an ability to work as a team member and facilitate work processes among other staff members.
- Communication skills are extremely important.
- The AC must work and interact professionally and effectively with all levels of staff.
- The AC must demonstrate an ability to meet established deadlines and work as a team player in a professional office setting.
- Skills in meeting and dealing with people in a courteous and tactful manner are essential.
- Processes and distributes incoming/outgoing mail. Collects court mail and interoffice mail, and distributes as needed.
- Performs Receptionist duties as needed, including answering the phones, directing calls to the appropriate individual, greeting and screening visitors, controlling access to the office by ensuring that only cleared visitors enter the space, log all visitors into the visitor log per policy, process incoming packages and notify staff of deliveries to the office.
- Inventory general office supplies ensuring that supply and copy rooms are stocked with commonly used items.
- Notify purchase cardholders of common supplies and special orders that need to be placed. Keep supply and copy rooms orderly.
- Electronically and manually receive supply deliveries and inspect incoming shipments to verify contents and quality.
- Notify purchase cardholder of supplies received, and assist with distribution of supplies to the appropriate location.
- Assist with invoice preparation and processing to be forwarded to budget staff.
- Serves as UFMS Contract Specialist Non-Submitter and will assist with preparing requisitions in USAForms.
- Assist the Contracting Officer with contract administration.
- Assist with reconciling government credit cards.
- Assists with copy machine/printer issues, including toner cartridges and repairs needed. Escort technicians during visits to the office.
- Escort movers/installers/other technicians when they come to the office.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds occasionally to help receive large shipments.
- Assist with physical inventory of office equipment (counting, locating, bar-coding). Assists with the process of excessing furniture and equipment.
- Assist Administrative and legal support staff on an as-needed basis for special copy and scanning projects and other projects as may be identified from time to time.
- Assist with making travel arrangements for invitational travelers and/or expert witnesses.
- Other administrative and clerical duties as assigned.
Education/Qualification/ Skills required:
- The Administrative Clerk must possess a high school diploma.
In addition, the following minimum/general experience and years of experience are required:
- At least 1-3 years’ experience in an administrative or legal environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and thorough knowledge of legal research tools.
- Communication skills are extremely important. Works and interacts professionally, cooperatively, and effectively with all levels of staff.
- Ability to meet established deadlines and work as a team player in a professional office.
- Skill in meeting and dealing with people in a courteous and tactful manner.
- Demonstrated ability to review a wide variety of documents, both legal and non-legal documents, including motions and briefs, and a variety of legal correspondence.
- Hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, database, spreadsheet, and telecommunications.
- Ability to consistently deliver highest quality work under extreme pressure
Ohm was incorporated in 1998 in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. We provide information technology consulting services to all levels of government and commercial clients. We have built our success by developing a deep understanding of each client's technical and managerial requirements through a focused and rigorous analysis methodology. This approach enables us to deliver solutions that accurately target and consistently achieve your goals in measurable ways. We tailor our project management approach to meet the quality, delivery and cost priorities you define. This ensures that we deliver in a way that establishes and maintains congruence with your organization objectives.
Posting ID: 568314278Posted: 2020-08-15