Job Requisition Number: 20190510B2
Job Title: Engineering Technician IV (Sonar Technician)
Salary Range: Negotiable; Service Contract Act/Wage Determination
Work Location: Honolulu, Ford Island, Oahu, Hawaii
Relocation Assistance: No
Employment Type: Full-Time/Hourly
Security Clearance: SECRET
Posted Date: 13 May 2019 Closing Date: When Filled
Mandatory Skill Requirements:
- Five (5) years active duty U.S. Navy experience or five (5) years civilian employment in U.S. Navy Shipyards, Warfare Centers or Defense Contractor working on U. S. Navy Sonar Systems.
- Two (2) years total experience in operator and maintenance of the Surface Ship Undersea Warfare AN/SQQ-89(V) Combat System aboard Destroyers and Cruisers. General knowledge of Anti-Submarine Warfare operations and tactics is desired.
Job Duties: Support CSSQT and DT/IT/OT testing of U.S. Navy and FMS ships.
- Provide technical support in the planning, execution, analysis, reporting and system engineering of surface ship USW Combat System T&E events.
- Provide support in planning tests to evaluate equipment performance, determine system test requirements specific to scheduled test ship configurations and baselines.
- Provide support devising test scenarios, detailing target geometries and identifying test resource requirements to ensure safe test event execution.
- Support T&E execution which includes test, operation, maintenance, troubleshooting, data collection and reporting of USW Combat System performance utilizing established and approved Navy procedures.
- Serve as a member of the shipboard USW Combat System test team as the subject matter expert (SME) on the equipment assigned to oversee scheduled system tests, record, document and report results in a format and structure consistent with test plan.
- Conduct tests using various types of test instrumentation and shall assist the test team and ship's force in the test, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of the assigned system.
- Collect data in accordance with the test plan.
- Observe and support the execution of live fire test events to ensure events are conducted in a safe manner.
- Support data analysis, evaluation of system test results, assist in the preparation of the final report with respect to findings, conclusions and recommendations for their assigned areas.
- Assist in developing processes and procedures to support future surface ship USW Combat System T&E requirements.
- Provide System Engineering (SE) support by reviewing existing T&E processes and procedures with the goal of continuous improvement as well as planning for future requirements. SE will include providing support to Government inquiries regarding technical issues associated with testing requirements, data collection, data analysis, and reporting methodologies to improve effectiveness and efficiency, lowering cost, and/or modifying processes to seek a new desired end state.
- Assist in identifying future test requirements, test equipment modification, and recommend redesigning testing methods and methodologies as necessary to meet future needs.
- Assist in the research, design, development, or testing of electronic components and systems for use in instruments and controls for Government use.
Associates' degree. U.S. Navy schools for Sonar System Operator and Maintenance. Navy and Factory training in the operation and maintenance of the Surface Ship Undersea Warfare AN/SQQ-89(V) Combat System.
Apply for position online at https://industechnology.applicantpro.com/jobs/1082863.html
INDUS Technology, Inc. is a premier, nationally recognized provider of quality professional services for industry and government. Our Company is synonymous with outstanding people, who take pride in partnering with our customers to provide quality services that are responsive, innovative and cost effective.
Posting ID: 552806357Posted: 2020-05-31