Position Title: Technical Manager, Retail Merchandising and Inventory Management Applications
Five Below (NASDAQ: FIVE), headquartered in Philadelphia, is one of the fastest growing retailers in the country with 750 stores and expecting to cut the ribbon on approximately 150 new stores in 2019. As a part of our technology organization, you will have the opportunity to implement next generation solutions that will transform the way our customers interact with our Five Below. From artificial intelligence, mobile, big data and cloud computing, you will have the opportunity to build a career that allows you to make an impact all while learning new Digital, technical and leadership skills. We are inspired by new challenges and push ourselves to create what's next in this dynamic industry. Come join this diverse team and grow with us.
The Technical Manager of Merchandising and Inventory Systems is a critical role accountable for delivering solutions that enable our Sourcing, Product Development, Merchandising, Inventory Management (Analytics, Planning, Pricing & Allocation) and Retail Foundation (Purchasing, Inventory Control) business functions. Technical Managers are accountable for delivering both strategic and tactical initiatives while ensuring our applications uptime and performance meets the operating need.
The Engineering team, operating in a Devops model and organized by product group, is responsible for the architecture, design, configuration (package)/development (custom and integration) and operations of all systems and applications supporting FiveBelow's Retail footprint. The systems/apps are a combination of enterprise package solutions and custom software. Engineering Product groups at FiveBelow are aligned to business functions. Accordingly we have Merchandising and Inventory Management, Stores and Digital, Logistics, Data Platform (data-lake, datalabs) and Tools. We are looking for highly motivated Technical Managers to lead each of these product groups. The job description outlined below is for a Technical Manager - Merchandising and Inventory Management. We are in the process of moving our Merchandising and Inventory Management capabilities from a legacy footprint to a next-generation ERP platform. The Technical-manager will report to the VP of Engineering and will have full responsibility for the technical design, build and operations of the technical solution footprint, supporting Merchandising and Inventory Management business functions
- Provide oversight to on/offshore agile engineering teams building/configuring and operating FiveBelow's Merchandising and Inventory Management technology platforms, supporting Sourcing, Purchasing, Merchandising, Analytics (AI/ML), Demand Forecasting, Planning, Pricing, Allocation and Inventory Control business functions. This includes overall responsibility for the identification, assessment, prioritization and planning activities for implementing software products' capabilities.
- We are looking for an energetic hands-on technical leader, with full-stack engineering background, who has implemented both enterprise package and custom software, worked in an agile delivery model and can build and manage global teams comprised of employees, vendors and on/off-shore partners.
- Lead Agile inceptions, document technical work in technical stories, and estimate (using agile points/story sizing techniques) the work effort required to complete those stories.
- Act as Scrum Master, leading all agile rituals including daily standups, iteration planning, story huddles, retrospectives and creation of burn up charts.
- Provide development leadership based on in-depth product and technical knowledge with some hands on development
- Oversee/coordinate supporting technical work required with other Five Below IT teams, including infrastructure (e.g. for servers, network) and upstream and downstream system owners (e.g. warehouse management systems, order management systems, ecommerce and digital etc)
- Oversee the work of developers, architects, and QAs to ensure that agile stories being played support the release plan defined by the product owner and are delivered with high quality.
- Work with Five Below program managers to ensure technical execution risks & issues are captured and mitigated.
- Lead team in development of QA/testing strategy approach (unit, system, functional, integration, performance)
- Lead hiring, training and developing Engineers
Knowledge & Experience
- 10-15 years of full lifecycle technology implementation and support experience implementing and supporting large, complex, global IT package and custom applications for Retailers
- Deep end to end functional knowledge of Merchandising and Inventory Management processes and systems.
- Technical Experience implementing end-to-end solutions related to Merchandising, Planning, Replenishment, Allocation, Purchase order management, Pricing and Promotional Tools, Retail Financial Management
- Solid Experience in full-stack design, build of software-products, including front-end (UX-CSS, HTML5, angular.js, React etc), App-logic layer (Python, node.js, PHP, express JS etc), Data-services (Python, node.js, PHP, express JS etc), Databases (MySQL, Mongo, Oracle, SQLServer, Hadoop etc), DevOps (CI/CD - Jenkins, GIT/bitbucket, MML etc) and Mobile app development
- Expertise in Open source software development languages & frameworks such as Python, Node.js, React, Java, Spring, Databases, NO-SQL, BigData, Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, Talend, Cloud computing, Mobile apps, Data-as-a-Service, Rest APIs, Visual Analytics, In-memory analytics etc.
- Experience implementing solutions using public-Cloud, Hybrid Technology stacks - Oralce, GCP, AWS or Azure
- Good understanding of AI/ML, Robotics. AR/VR and other emerging tech
- Ability to evaluate and productionalize solutions from vendors and emerging solutions
- Experience working in a DevOps operating model
- Software delivery leveraging agile and lean practices at scale
- Highest level of personal integrity, and the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and exude the appropriate level of judgment and maturity
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
- Dedication and commitment to top-quality service and to meeting customer expectations
Five Below is an Equal Opportunity Employer Posting Number:
701 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106Position:
Technical Manager - Merchandising & Inventory Systems
Posting ID: 579057921Posted: 2020-11-10