Academies of Math and Science - 2016 AZ Charter School of the Year
For Today's Scholars – Tomorrow's Global Visionaries
4.1 rated on Glassdoor.com
Day Porter - Start Immediately
AMS Glendale Campus - 4520 W Glendale Ave., Glendale, AZ, 85301
We are looking for an exceptional day porter person to perform a variety of general maintenance and custodial duties in and around school buildings including plumbing, painting, landscaping, and repairs. The Academies of Math and Science are ranked among the highest performing schools in Arizona with 16 years of proven results. Our flagship school, the Academy of Math & Science (AMS), was named the 2016 Arizona Charter School of the Year.
Work Hours: 10:00 AM to 6:30 PM Monday - Friday.
Qualified Candidates Must Have:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years Experience with cleaning school environments or similar
- Familiar with SDS
- Understanding of basic cleaning equipment operation such as Backpack Vacuum, Floor Varnisher, Microfiber Cleaning Systems.
- Ability to work in teams
- Ability to respond to School Emergencies such as classroom spills and lunchroom spills
- Assess all areas of the school and clean as necessary
- Prepare and stage cleaning supplies
- Maintain a supply of and account for cleaning supplies and equipment; maintain an adequate inventory at all times
- Comply with chemical handling laws and safety regulations as required; maintain a safe working environment
- Maintain security of buildings, equipment, and tools
- Answer questions and interact professionally with school administration
- Cleans and maintains building facilities including classrooms, break rooms, conference rooms, teacher work rooms, library/media rooms, gymnasiums, lunchrooms, nurses' rooms, stages and lobby/receptionist areas
- Performs the necessary room set-ups for scheduled meetings and events (including daily cafeteria set-up)
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, and vacuums floors using cleaning solutions, tools, and equipment
- Cleans and/or polishes walls, ceilings, windows, and building fixtures
- Cleans entryways, hallways, door mats, and door glass daily
- Launder towels and mop heads
- Dusts furniture, walls, light fixtures, baseboards, student desks and other equipment
- Gathers and empties trash
- Cleans and sanitizes bathrooms daily
- Cleans and services cleaning equipment daily and as needed
- Applies wax or sealers to wood or concrete floors as directed by Campus Manager
- Assists in building security, locking and unlocking of doors and gates
- Assist with routine maintenance tasks such as light bulb and filter changes
- Notifies Campus Facility Manager of the need to order materials/supplies, need for major repairs, or additions to building operating systems
- Ability to operate and mechanically understand the following machines, tools, and other special equipment and supplies used to perform job duties: hand tools, small power tools, ladder, backpack and upright vacuum, floor buffer, carpet extractor, cleaning and polishing chemicals, wheeled utility cart
- Knowledge of HAZMAT regulations and Safety Data Sheets required
- Other duties as assigned
- Competitive salaries and bonus pay
- Paid sick days and personal leave
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Medical, dental, and vision plan options
- Retirement plan with district contributions
- District-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance
- District-paid life insurance
Interested in working with us?
Please include a detailed resume demonstrating your experience and accomplishments.
Compensation: $13 - $16 per hour, DOE.
Posting ID: 567381399Posted: 2020-08-09