This job posting is for employment at an independently owned and operated franchisee of Denny’s.
Reporting to the owner, the Designated Operator of Restaurant Operations, (DO), will be responsible for the overall operation of all restaurants, attaining the highest standards and efficiency. The DO will provide strategic leadership, guidance and direction on restaurant initiatives and operational decisions that simultaneously results in year over year improvements in guest traffic, improved product quality, and increased operational profitability
The DO carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include maintaining adequate staffing levels, training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The DO will facilitate a positive and welcoming interaction ensuring an optimal guest service experience while safeguarding company assets and guaranteeing integrity.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops business plans that will support company initiatives and enhance quality and service, associated costs, employee development, retention strategies and employee productivity benchmarks.
- Maintains Denny’s operating systems to the guidelines and objectives while maintaining other administrative processes such as budget and staffing to ensure proper planning and efficient operation.
- Evaluates performance of restaurants by measuring guest satisfaction, volume, revenue and cost; facilitates the implementation of necessary changes allowing for the most successful operation of services and fulfillment of company objectives.
- Provides leadership and direction in the execution and measurement of meeting regulatory standards within local health code and employment law to ensure continued growth and profitability.
- Works closely with corporate Marketing Department to create and implement promotions and special events.
- Reviews/analyzes revenue, cost management, labor, cost of goods as well as other operating expenses through efficient management of products, inventory and ordering, Identifies and implements appropriate cost cutting measures and initiatives without jeopardizing the total guest experience.
- Monitors and evaluates all daily reports to ensure the successful day-to-day management of all related operations.
- Creates a compliance culture within the organization and fosters an environment where employees feel empowered to report potential violations and/or misconduct.
- Manages, mentors, and develops high-performing team members; delegates job assignments to direct reports and provides measurement of results and constructive feedback.
- Works closely with Owners / Human Resources Business Partners to resolve employee conflicts, issues and discipline.
- Partners with Franchise Business Consult to execute the Denny’s structured training programs for all food service employees and managers.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management, Business Administration or related field preferred.
- Eight (8) years of experience in the restaurant and/or hotel industry preferred.
- Seven (7) years progressive supervisory and managerial experience in a food and beverage environment, directing, leading, and coaching others to exceed organizational standards; has experience with high-volume restaurants.
- Must be able to think strategically and operationally about factors such as, quality, guest satisfaction, and employee training and development.
- Ability to prepare, understand, present, and analyze business strategies, display an advanced proficiency in budgeting, P&L, and business planning.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Proven managerial problem-solving, critical thinking skills with the ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to identify and prioritize issues, delegating as appropriate, to drive measurable results.
- Must possess demonstrated leadership ability, as well as organizational and strategic agility.
- Demonstrated ability for people development by mentoring, motivating, coaching, consistently providing feedback, and holding people accountable.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company’s insurance carrier.
- Must obtain and maintain a ServSafe certification within 90 days of employment.
- Must meet any state, county or municipal regulation pertaining to health risk concerns about handling food.
- Ability to work around potentially hazardous chemicals.
- Must be able to work with all Denny’s food items.
- The ability to drive, stand, sit, bend, walk, for extended periods of time.
- Ability to tolerate extreme temperature changes in kitchen and freezer areas.
- Ability to travel frequently, including overnight stays and airline travel when applicable.
The Denny’s Way
Must represent The Denny’s Way principals consistently every day!
We consistently serve tasty, craveable and visually appeal food.
- Obsessed with Hospitality
We delight guests by creating memorable and personalized experiences.
We plan and execute efficiently to deliver on the guest’s desired pace and experience with uncompromised quality.
We commit to providing a clean and inviting environment for our guests.
We train, coach and develop our restaurant teams, empowering them to succeed.
We understand our mission and goals, delivering results that exceed expectations.
This job posting is for a position in a restaurant owned and operated by an independent franchisee, not Denny’s, Inc. This means the independent franchisee, and not Denny’s, Inc. is alone responsible for all employment related matters in the restaurant including, among other things, setting any requirements for this job and all decisions concerning hiring, firing, discipline, supervisions, staffing and scheduling. Denny’s, Inc. will not receive a copy of any application you submit for this job posting and will have no control over whether you receive an interview and/or are ultimately hired, does not control and is not responsible for the employment policies and practices of independent franchisees, and does not employ independent franchisees’ employees. If you are hired for this job posting, the independent franchisee, and not Denny’s, Inc., will be your employer.
This job posting contains some general information about what it is like to work in a Denny’s restaurant, but is not a complete job description. People who work in a Denny’s restaurant perform a number of different tasks every day, and this posting does not list all of the essential functions of the job.
Our brand is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, race, creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, military or veteran's status, criminal background, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or local law.