Must be willing to commute to this jobs location in Menomonee, WI.
Legal Assistant Job Description
Working under the direction of the attorneys and the Office Manager, this individual has an integral role in delivering high quality client and attorney support by providing legal and administrative assistance to attorneys, performing complex and specialized legal support and
clerical tasks, and working collaboratively and cooperatively with others in a team-oriented environment.
• Interface directly and frequently with clients; communicate with and obtain information from clients.
• Proactively maintain an overview of attorney workload, clients/matters and accurately maintain calendars.
• Organize and track files for important transactions or case documents.
• Transcribe recorded dictation; create, edit, format, and redline documents; compose routine correspondence; accurately proofread legal documents; create table of contents and table of authorities.
• Electronically file documents with the federal and state courts.
• Obtain due diligence materials, such as corporate certificates of good standing, real estate and title information, and UCC filings.
• Maintain and enter time charges into billing system.
• Initiate conflict checks.
• Maintain client confidence by keeping client/attorney information confidential.
• 2+ years of experience in a legal assistant or secretary role.
• Exceptional keyboarding skills required and competency in Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, Excel, and Power Point.
• Strong written language skills, including excellent spelling, grammar, punctuation, form, and style.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to be proactive, initiate and organize/prioritize work, and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Paid holiday and vacation days
• 401(k) retirement plan with employer match program
• Health reimbursement account (HRA)
• Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
• Dental insurance
• Long term disability insurance
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
• Voluntary supplemental insurance programs