Job Purpose:Enables patients to stay in their homes by monitoring and recording patient condition; providing support and personal services;
* Monitors patient condition by observing physical and mental condition.
* Supports patients by providing housekeeping and laundry services; shopping for food and other household requirements; preparing meals when asked.
* Assists patients by providing personal services, such as, bathing, dressing, and grooming.
* Helps family members care for the patient by teaching appropriate ways to lift, turn, and re-position the patient;
* Records patient information by making entries in the patient journal; notifying the supervisor of changing or unusual conditions.
* Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy patient environment by following asepsis standards and procedures; maintaining security precautions; following prescribed dietary requirements and nutrition standards;
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
* Protects the home care agency by adhering to professional standards, home care policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
* Enhances service reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value the job .
Skills/Qualifications:Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Nursing Skills, Health Care Administration, Patient Services, Verbal Communication, Listening, Dependability, Emotional Control, Medical Teamwork
Posting ID: 565497986Posted: 2020-08-05