Laboratory Animal Caretaker - Hospital in Philadelphia
The laboratory animal caretaker is responsible for providing a variety of animal husbandry services in support of company's mission.
1. Understands and follows all SOPs and Quality Assurance Standards.
2. Performs daily animal health checks and reports any abnormal animal conditions to the veterinary technician and /or Area Supervisor.
3. Disposes of dead animals following standard SOPs and policies.
4. Changes animal caging, to include feed and water, according to SOPs and/or specific approved protocols and the schedule established by the Area Supervisor.
5. Sexes and weans animals according the SOPs.
6. Maintains daily animal census sheets, room equipment and status form sheets, and other forms requested by the Area Supervisor.
7. Cleans and sanitizes animal facility, assigned rooms and cages according to SOPs.
8. Maintains and repairs animal caging and support equipment.
9. Receives, examines, transfers, identifies and properly houses incoming animal shipments according to SOPs.
10. Assist with the restraint, handling and manipulation of various animal species as requested by the investigators.
11. Perform routine cleaning, descaling, and preventative maintenance on the cage washers and autoclaves, including checking and cleaning filters and spray manifolds.
12. Process clean caging and accessory equipment appropriately, including putting bedding into cages and autoclaving cages and supplies.
13. Understand and follow appropriate SOPs, safety procedures, and quality assurance guide-lines.
14. Prepare and submit records, charts, logs, cage cards, and inventories as required by SOP's.
15. Other duties as assigned to support animal care and welfare.
Prior experience working with animals in private practice, laboratory animal or zoo animal setting
Posting ID: 572559149Posted: 2020-09-21