The House Supervisor is a Registered Nurse who assumes administrative responsibility for the management of all department service functions on his/her shift. Makes frequent rounds throughout facility to monitor the delivery of care, oversee the quality of services and direct patient care activities as needed. Directly supervises, provides support to and communicates with all staff house-wide. In the absence of the Hospital Administrative staff, the administrative scope and responsibility is extended to all services within the hospital. Ensures efficient operations and patient flow throughout the hospital. Performs direct patient care, only as needed, within the scope of practice and competence. Ensures all temporary agency personnel are deployed and oriented in compliance with hospital policy. Assist medical staff with scheduling after hour procedures and calling in stand-by call staff members. Enhances the patient/family experience through supportive interactions and explanations of hospital policies as needed.
Education and Work Experience
- Current and valid license as a Registered Nurse.
- Current BLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
- ACLS (AHA) certificate 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
- One (1) year prior experience as a Supervisor preferred.
- Current Behavioral Violence Prevention (BVP) certificate within 3 months of hire and maintain current.
- Minimum of three (3) years acute care nursing experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Posting ID: 579683739Posted: 2021-01-05