Individuals seeking to be hired as a Temporary Nurse Aide will have completed the following requirement to be qualified:
- Nurse Aide trained and awaiting a Pennsylvania State test date for certification. Must provide evidence of completion of Nurse Aide Program.
Candidates will have the opportunity to review and practice the skill competencies required for a Nurse Aide with a Certified WEL Trainer. Candidates will then be assessed for competency of these skills in order to continue temporary assignment.
The Temporary Nurse Aide provides quality nursing care to geriatric residents; performs various resident care activities and other services necessary in caring for the personal needs and comforts of residents in a skilled nursing environment; implement specific procedures and programs; coordinate work within the department, as well as with other departments; report pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; respond to inquiries or requests for information; assist the immediate supervisor with tasks to support department operations.
Temporary Nurse Aide duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Provide quality nursing care to residents in an environment which promotes their rights, dignity, freedom of choice, and their individuality as illustrated by the following:
- Provide individualized attention which encourages each resident's ability to maintain or attain the highest practical physical, mental, and psychosocial well being.
- Knowledgeable of the individualized care plan for residents and provide support to the resident according to the care plan. Contribute to the care planning process by providing the charge nurse or other care planning staff with specific information and observations of the residents' needs and preferences.
- Attend to the individual needs of residents which may include assistance with grooming, bathing, oral hygiene, feeding, incontinent care, toileting, colostomy care, prosthetic appliances, transferring, ambulation, range of motion, communicating, or other needs in keeping with the individuals' care requirements.
- Maintain the comfort, privacy, and dignity of each resident in the delivery of services to them. Interact with residents in a manner that displays warmth and promotes a caring environment.
- Fully understand all aspects of residents' rights, including the right to be free of restraints and free of abuse. Responsible for promptly reporting to the charge nurse or administrative staff incidents or evidence of resident abuse or violation of residents' rights.
- Assist in maintaining a safe, neat, and clean environment; report environmental deficiencies to the charge nurse such as lighting or equipment problems.
- Protect the personal belongings of each resident including eyeglasses, dentures, hearing aids, furnishings, jewelry, clothing, memorabilia, etc. Promptly report missing items according to established policy and participate in efforts to locate missing items.
- Observe residents for changes in condition or behavior and promptly report these changes to appropriate licensed nursing personnel.
- Provide care that maintains each resident's skin integrity to prevent pressure ulcers, skin tears, and other damage by changing incontinent residents, turning, repositioning immobile residents, and applying moisturizers to fragile skin, etc.
- Answer residents' call bells promptly and courteously.
Perform various tasks assigned by the charge nurse including vital signs, residents' weights, applying creams/ointments, collecting specimens, etc.
- Assist with orienting residents and their families to the nursing home upon admission and to the unit when transfers occur.
- Lift, move, and transport residents, using proper body mechanics or lifting devices for accident prevention.
- Communicate and interact effectively and tactfully with the resident, visitors, families, peers, and supervisors.
- Assist and escort residents for appointments such as beauty shop, activities, church services, etc. Participate in activities and functions as directed.
- Practice careful, efficient, and no-wasteful use of supplies and linen and follow established charge procedures for resident charge items.
- Complete certified nursing assistant records documenting care provided or other information in keeping with department policies.
- Perform all job responsibilities in accordance with prescribed safety and infection control procedures including thorough hand washing, use of disposable gloves where indicated, and proper disposal of soiled materials.
- Walk extensively to and from various locations of the unit while making rounds and transport residents within the facility.
- Support an atmosphere which promotes a homelike environment.
Respond to inquiries relating to assigned area or to requests from residents, visitors, other personnel, etc. within given time frames and within established policy.
Related Experience: Completion of a Nursing Aide Program and awiting testing date.
Education or Degree Requirements: A high school diploma or equivalent
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations: N/A
A Drug-Free Workplace . Equal Opportunity Employer
Posting ID: 599120898Posted: 2021-01-27