Beverage Clerk DEPARTMENT:
Beer and Wine REPORTS TO:
Beverage Manager FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt SUMMARY
To operate a cash register and check-stand efficiently and courteously in a manner that will conform with all front-end procedures and company policies. Beverage clerks are also expected to ensure customer satisfaction by giving prompt and courteous service to all customers that enter the Café. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (
The following duties are included but not limited to)
- To run the cash register for a large portion of the work shift and work within the confines of the cashier accountability policy.
- To maintain an acceptable level of inventory in order to maximize sales and control out of date product by proper rotation and replenishment throughout the shift.
- Preserve excellent levels of internal and external customer service at all times.
- Identify customers' needs and respond proactively to all of their concerns
- To ensure proper levels of food available in the café at all time. Proper communication with the Deli Department on these needs throughout business hours.
- To also provide training to all new café employees on the products and procedures within the Beer and Wine department to ensure all employees are knowledgeable on the products.
- To maintain a good relationship with all beverage vendors and wine vendors with regular communication.
- To communicate department concerns and objectives with store management and Beverage Manager.
- Comply with all health, safety, and PLCB regulations.
- To enforce, oversee, and follow Beer and Wine policies pertaining to alcohol sales and identification of those purchasing alcohol in the store.
- To greet all customers to our store and be observant to their needs while working.
- To abide by all Redner's Markets policies and procedures set forth by the employee handbook.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- To physically handle merchandise within the department while filling the shelves and coolers with the required products.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Strong communication skills for dealing with customers, employees, and vendors.
- Must be able to stand on your feet for the entire work shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds for 30% of the time working.
Posting ID: 525311514Posted: 2020-07-14