Job DescriptionJob Title:
Restorative CNAJob ID:
7:30 - 4:00 or 9:30 - 6:00Shift:
UPMC Asbury HeightsDepartment:
700 Bower Hill Road, Pittsburgh PA 15243 Description
Join the team that's providing the highest quality of care to seniors in our communities. With state-of-the-art safety protocols and the support of an academic medical center, UPMC Senior Communities has demonstrated a continued commitment to keeping both our residents and our employees safe and healthy, especially throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Make a true impact at our senior living facilities, where you'll have the confidence that your care is clinically backed by a best-in-class health care system and the rewarding knowledge that you are changing lives every day.
Located in Mt. Lebanon PA, Asbury Heights staff is dedicated to improving the lives of older adults through high-quality and compassionate care.If you are looking to jump start your career within a skilled nursing and rehab facility apply to Asbury Heights today!
Carries out the restorative activities/interventions according to the specifics outlined in the individual restorative program plan for assigned residents.Responsibilities:
- Maintain a safe environment according to UPMC SRL Safety Policies and Procedures
- Utilize the principles of body mechanics at all times, including utilizing appropriate lifting devices and requesting assistance in using lifts and performing transfers
- Participate in the resident care conferences as appropriate/assigned.
- Identify potential areas of need and implement changes in the plan of care specific for residents in collaboration with the Restorative Coordinator and other members of the care delivery team
- Complete documentation according to UPMC SRL Restorative Nursing Program requirements and state/federal regulations
- Follow relevant isolation/standard Precautions at all times
- Implement individual restorative therapy activities/interventions as identified in the resident's plan of care under the direction of the Restorative Nurse Coordinator and with guidance and instruction from Rehabilitation/Physical Therapy staff and/or designee
- Maintain current CPR certification
- Facilitate the transition of a resident to/from the formal Restorative Nursing Program to a maintenance program
- Identify and report any unsafe conditions immediately to the Restorative Nurse Coordinator, Unit Manager/designee, or Maintenance Department
One year of experience as a CNA required
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
One year of experience in long-term care as CNA is required
Knowledge and experience in Restorative Nursing philosophy and principles is preferredLicensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hireBasic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) requiredAct 34OAPSAUPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VeteranSalary Range:
$13.82 to $21.14 / hourUnion Position:
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Posting ID: 554839790Posted: 2020-08-07