POSITION TITLE: Meat Manager
REPORTS TO: Store Director/Meat Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Exempt - 45 Hours
Direct and manage all functions and activities of Meat Department to achieve sales and profit goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Prepares a weekly schedule based on projected sales, volume and work load.
2) Along with Store Director, work out localized merchandising plans for the department.
3) Follow approved Meat Department plans for effective space management based on movement, consumer demand and profitability.
4) Order merchandise and control inventory to minimize out-of-stock and overstocks, and to maximize sales.
5) Follow approved procedures for receiving product, price marking and restocking cases to ensure quality protection, accuracy and product rotation.
6) Control department expenses.
7) Take action to control shrinkage and pilferage losses.
8) Effectively supervise, train, schedule, and conducts annual performance reviews on all Meat Department personnel.
9) Follow planned program of maintenance on cases, coolers refrigeration and meat department personnel.
10) Ensure favorable department image with customers through a clean, attractive and friendly department.
11) Maintain and submit required records, reports, and bi-weekly inventory.
12) Observe local conditions and competitive activity relating to the Meat Department and keep others informed.
13) Maintain good communications and competitive activity relating to the Meat Department and keep other informed.
14) Observe State and health regulations.
15) Ensure compliance to local, state, and government weights and measures, and labeling laws.
16) Ensure compliance to local, state, and government weights and labeling laws.
17) Greet all customers and be observant.
18) Must ensure that all employees follow proper "lock out/tag out" procedure while repairing or cleaning mechanical or electrical equipment.
19) Receive, weigh, and breakdown meat and related products.
20) Cut and trim all merchandise as directed by company standards.
21) Abide by all company policies as stated in the Employee Handbook.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1) High school education minimum requirement.
2) Ability to read and write to properly tag merchandise, order and maintain inventory and to insure proper rotations of product.
3) Above average analytical skills necessary to study and interpret various reports to keep the department profitable.
4) Should have at least two years experience as a meat cutter.
5) Must have excellent oral and written communications skills for dealing with customers, employees and vendors.
Posting ID: 546468994Posted: 2020-10-06