As the Manager of Software Engineering, you will serve as a key contributor and leader in the space of technological innovation. As Manager, you will combine your technical expertise and strong leadership skills to spearhead a results-driven engineering operation. The dynamic workload will encompass both attribute enhancements and cutting-edge innovations.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Developing, managing and retaining a team of highly-inquisitive technologists, offering them both mentoring and coaching.
- Collaborating with architects, product managers and other technical or non-technical stakeholders to define design approaches that are aligned with the customer-centric product vision.
- Ensuring the best engineering and documentation practices are understood and followed.
- Coordinating with peers within the organization to ensure seamless integration of functional workflows.
- Ensuring successful incremental product releases while driving to deadlines and optimizing investments. Assuring quality through efficient management of team and resources.
- Evaluating and limiting risk and vulnerabilities during the software development process by consistently employing industry best-practices.
- 10+ years of hands-on software development experience with a proven record of successfully developing consumer-facing, reliable and scalable products
- 7+ years of relevant managerial experience, managing teams of technologists and engineers
- Excellent understanding of engineering software processes, methodologies (agile, waterfall, SCRUM and life-cycle), configuration management, release management and systems verification and test
- AWS/AZURE/GCP experience, including managing sensitive assets
- Pega experience
- Experience with CICD pipeline (CircleCI, Jenkins, or equivalent)
- Strong communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- 5+ years of experience in the financial services industry, developing solutions for consumer banking, with specialty focus on fraud, loan servicing and collections
- Understanding of banking system and custodial and consumer banking operations
- Comfortable navigating large corporate structure to ensure timely delivery of projects
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related discipline required
- Master's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline preferred
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: M-F
#LI - Sourcer9
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/VeteranCitizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.