Job Description Summary Job Description
The Warehouse Order Processor is responsible for warehousing/material distribution tasks relative to the shipment of product. The following duties and responsibilities are intended to be representative of the work that may be performed by the incumbent(s) in this position and are not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility will not preclude it from the position.Duties and Responsibilities
- Processing customer orders including but not limited to: scanning bar codes, picking and labeling boxes.
- Pick orders to conveyor and/or picking orders using MHE.
- Processing orders through the use of voice and/or RFtechnology.
- Maintains an acceptable work area as outlined in SOP and work instructions.
- Responsible for following Good Documentation Practices (GDP) as outlined in SOP.
- Palletizing to include scanning, retrieving and placing completed orders on pallets.
- Re-palletizing products for shipment.
- May be responsible for dock manifest duties which includes scanning completed pallets and running the shrink wrapper.
- May be required to transport pallets by MHE.
- May be responsible for operating the parcel manifest station.
- Responsible for accuracy verification and shipment packaging.
- Must follow all safety instructions to maintain safe working conditions and to adhere to proper operating practices and procedures designed to prevent injuries and illnesses.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- May be required to train new hires on various warehouse functions.
- Must adhere to attendance policies.
- Required to maintain current status in C2C training modules.
Safety and Security
- Associates are responsible for performing their job activities in a safe and reasonable manner and in accordance with safety requirements.
- Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse and conduct all activities in a manner that promotes a safe environment.
- All injuries, accidents, unsafe acts, hazards or conditions must be reported immediately.
- Report any suspicious persons or activity.
- Understand organizational quality goals.
Sanitation and Housekeeping
- Maintain a clean and professional image.
- To ensure the cleanliness of the facility, follow guidelines as outlined.
- The associate must maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area at all times.
- This associate may be provided with Hazmat training to include general awareness, function specific, security awareness, security plan and safety training.
- Become knowledgeable with the responsibilities of the other warehouse positions. Assist as required. Act as back up at times of absence or vacation.
- High School diploma or GED
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks or projects.
- Ability to work in a fast paced distribution environment.
- Ability to read and interpret distribution documents.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- May be required to operate MHE and use Voice/RF scanner.
- Ability to perform/operate in a metrics-driven environment.
- Basic analytical, organizational and prioritization skills.
- General distribution knowledge.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
- The position will almost always have exposure to work near moving mechanical equipment, exposure to precarious situations and potential temperature excursions.
- Occasionally the position will have exposure to fumes/airborne particles.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions (Per the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990). While performing this job, the employee is regularly exposed to episodes of walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, balancing, crouching, reaching, pushing/pulling, grasping, hearing, twisting, lifting, frequent use of hand to finger, handle, feel, pick or type which can include repetitive motion of the wrists, hands or fingers. The associate may occasionally be required to climb. The job may require lifting over 50lbs in some areas but not all.
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care. bd.com"Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status."
Primary Work LocationUSA IN - Plainfield Additional Locations Work Shift
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.