What You Will Do
The Senior Operations Manager (SOM) is primarily responsible for overseeing all of Operations, or the flow of product through the building. This includes supervising a team of assistant operations managers and coaches responsible for monitoring the safe, efficient and effective movement of inventory through the facility. This role analyzes and forecasts production volume and reevaluates resources throughout the day as workflow conditions change to meet store demand. The SOM partners with his/her coaching staff to achieve or exceed key performance indicator targets despite these fluctuating demands. The SOM resolves more complex operational issues escalated from his/her team and is responsible for communicating business objectives and daily workload plans to team and senior leadership.
What We\'re Looking For
• Required to work a set schedule that meets the needs of the facility.
• May be asked to work mornings, afternoons, nights, and/or weekends based on the needs of the facility.
• Must work in a distribution/warehouse environment with the physical and environmental aspects typically associated with such environment.
• Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance; ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
What You Need To Succeed
• Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Transportation, Industrial Engineering, Business, or related field plus 3 years of experience in distribution center operations or related area OR 7 years of experience in distribution center/warehouse operations or related area with increasing responsibilities
• Leadership experience with direct report responsibility, including leading salary level direct reports
• Experience mentoring and coaching others
• Experience leading a team through change
• Proven record of complying with safety requirements, and experience building a culture of safety among subordinates and peers
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Working knowledge of warehouse management systems
• Experience managing resources, time and budgets
• Experience using troubleshooting processes to resolve problems
• Experience taking a lead role in a Corporate-led initiative or leadership experience in another Lowe's supply chain network facility
• Experience leading others through change
• Bi-lingual Spanish or Creole is helpful