Purpose of Job
We are seeking a talented Quantitative Risk Analyst - Lead Level (Compliance Reporting and Analytics) for our San Antonio or Plano, TX facility.
This is an exciting opportunity in Enterprise Compliance Analytics with high senior executive visibility. The role will be leading risk analysis framework design and implementation, as well as managing quantitative analysis to inform the compliance risks.
Conducts and develops quantitative and analytic models, assessments and/or applications in support of risk management efforts that assess the market and identify risks and gaps in existing or proposed processes. Applies diverse methodologies and deep experience in quantitative analytics to identify and solve complex and/or undefined risk problems. Works with leadership to remediate gaps and improvements identified between existing practices and regulatory requirements. Leads and executes complex initiatives and cross functional teams within the Chief Risk Office and across the Enterprise that drive problem resolution. Leverages broad enterprise knowledge and business acumen related to core discipline(s), products and processes.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers - World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Applies expert analytical knowledge to utilize advanced analytics to assess future risk and/or new risks, opportunities, and effectiveness.
- Translates results into meaningful solutions to enhance decision making.
- Presents findings to senior level leadership.
- Applies expert knowledge and industry best practices to quantify risk and aggregate exposures.
- Develops complex systems and programs that measure aggregate risk exposures.
- Performs model validations and presents results to senior leadership.
- Applies innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make recommendations to answer business objectives and drive change.
- Translates recommendations into communication materials to effectively present to senior leadership. Recommendations typically have a major impact on business results.
- Provides subject matter expertise in operationalizing recommendations.
- Applies expert knowledge to produce advanced analytical material to lead discussions with cross functional teams and senior leadership to understand complex business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Demonstrates thought leadership in cross functional team environments.
- Drives and creates cross functional teams in support of initiatives that have significant impact to the enterprise or a core business area.
- Provides direction and mentorship to other team members in the peer review process.
- Expertly communicates analytical results, findings and solutions to governance committees and business process owners and influences business analysis.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other quantitative discipline OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- A minimum of 8 years of related quantitative analysis experience in a discipline relevant to risk management to include statistical analysis, modeling, mathematics or other quantitative discipline; OR advanced degree/designation in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other quantitative discipline and 6 years work experience in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management; OR PhD in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, or other quantitative discipline and up to 4 years work experience in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Compliance risk reporting and analysis background
- Perform quantitative analysis to distill risk findings suitable for executives
- Succinctly delivers analysis/findings in a manner that conveys understanding and influences various levels of management
- Advanced skills in SAS or Python to extract, structure and analyze data
- Understanding of basic statistical modelling concepts and have exposure to machine learning data products
- Great PowerPoint presentation skills
- Lead resources to drive multiple projects
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 8/03/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.