Performs daily inspections, corrective, and preventative maintenance on all ground support equipment. (Based in Greater Baton Rouge Metropolitan) Servicing Lafayette Regional Airport and Greater Baton Rouge Metropolitan Airport.
- Inspect and maintain ground support equipment used in operations.
Troubleshoot, repair, and/or overhaul ground support equipment.
Check and service ground support equipment with fuel, water, oil, and hydraulic fluid.
Diagnose problems using test equipment and applicable manuals.
Completion of GSE paperwork as required.
Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The following functions may be performed in variable weather and environmental conditions such as jet engine fumes, dust, or jet engine noise. Must have ability to:
- Regularly required to stand and walk.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, and hear.
- Occasionally required to sit.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Read, write, and fluently speak and understand the English language.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Write routine business correspondence.
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, supervisor, and employees.
- Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed by uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Report to work in a regular and timely basis.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) plus one (1) year experience or; equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a valid state Driver's License.
- Prior GSE or heavy equipment experience preferred.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet
Posting ID: 588627349Posted: 2020-11-29