A career in PwC Digital Products will provide you the opportunity to design and develop products to help our clients lead the next phase of their evolution. We are industry specialists who build products connected to a purpose. Spanning across four strategic areas of transformation, our products tackle the very real challenges our clients face today, and unlock new opportunities for growth in the future. Our team leads the planning and design of the overall technical vision of our products and accelerators.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinion from all, including quieter members of the team.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Contribute technical knowledge in area of specialism.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- Navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements.
- Initiate and lead open conversations with teams, clients and stakeholders to build trust.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School Diploma
Minimum Years of Experience:
Preferred Fields of Study:
Analytics, Business Analytics, Computer and Information Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering, Management Information Systems, Artificial Intelligence and Robotics, Mathematical Statistics, Mathematics, Statistics
TOGAF, PMI and/or certifications in programming, business intelligence/data warehousing
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in managerial roles involving executing various aspects of client engagements and/or projects, including:
- Web-based systems architecture, service-based architecture including microservices, enterprise application architecture as well as experience managing expectations when balancing alternatives against business and financial constraints;
- Current agile methodologies, specifically Scrum;
- Web technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap framework, AngularJS, Yeoman, D3js, Nodejs, jQuery;
- Data architecture, data modeling and data management across relational, columnar and noSQL;
- Technologies like SQL Server, MongoDB, Vertica, neo4j;
- Big data technologies like Hadoop (Hortwonworks, Cloudera, Cloud based HDInsight, EMR), Spark, Kafka, Elasticsearch and others;
- Service creation and orchestration using ESBs like Mulesoft, Talend;
- Advanced analytics development experience with R, Python a plus;
- Architecting solutions across on premise and cloud a plus; and,
- Cloud based data and analytics native PaaS components in Azure, Google Cloud, AWS a plus.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in consulting-related projects, emphasizing leading of teams involved in full life-cycle software and/or multi-discipline development, including:
- Fostering team commitment to tasks and influence key people inside and outside of the group;
- Communicating based on the audience (i.e. eliminating technical jargon when needed or deep diving into technical details with the development team);
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams, building relationships and achieving results without a direct reporting relationship;
- Grasping a range of functional and non-functional requirements to understand an application scope and define the right architecture, including solution components and interactions;
- Architecting and designing cross industry business solutions using industry leading practices in technology, performance and scalability;
- Evaluating, defining, and when necessary prototyping and guiding development teams in a hands-on manner on alternatives to determine the most appropriate approach for each solution;
- Determining how to satisfy functional requirements using existing platform architecture and services, and where appropriate, work with Platform Architect to help define and create new services to fulfill particular needs and make recommendations;
- Collaborating with Platform, Solution, Application and Data Architects towards creating industry leading approaches, architecture design and solutions in a rapidly evolving development environment;
- Working with cross functional teams such as engineering and product management to provide feedback and support the evolution of the platform and solution offerings;
- Providing direction and guidance, hands-on development support, code review, development oversight, and support to successfully deliver on time with quality;
- Contributing to ongoing process and methodology improvements; and,
- Establishing architecture governance with compliance of technology solutions with architectural patterns and standards.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.