Aluminum Supply Co. (ASCO) & Marshall Sales, Inc. (MSI) are second and third-generation, family-owned businesses based in Detroit, Michigan. Since 1948, we have built an impeccable reputation by consistently providing quality products and exceptional service to our customers. Our team is knowledgeable and enthusiastic about our products. ASCO & MSI are certified Women Owned Business Enterprise, Detroit Headquartered/Based, Small Business Enterprise, Wayne County Based Enterprise, ISO 9001:2015, and ISO 14001:2015.
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying federal id numbers, scheduling and preparing checks, and resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Ensures credit is received for outstanding memos.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Monitors and collects accounts receivable as necessary to insure customers are paying within terms.
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry and verifying documentation.
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Completes PPAP, Reval, NAFTA certificate processing
- Completes bi-weekly payroll through ADP
- Maintains employee files-(Must maintain employee confidentially).
- Provides employee benefit administration
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Tracking budget expenses
- Attention to detail
- Analyzing information
- Vendor relationships
- Customer relationships
- PC proficiency
- Data entry skills
- General math skills
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field a plus
- Previous accounts payable and/or accounts receivable experience
- Previous Sage experience preferred.
Posting ID: 564544021Posted: 2020-08-12