As a Cook, you know that our food is at the core of who we are. Whether you're flipping crispy-edged pancakes as a Grill Cook; prepping fresh salads and desserts as a Prep Cook; or hand-rolling buttermilk biscuits as a Backup Cook, you'll make sure our guests leave full and happy every time.
To ensure the safety of everyone in our stores, we adhere to CDC guidelines and federal, state, and local regulations. Enhanced safety, cleaning and disinfection protocols are in place which include all employees wearing masks, using wipeable menus, and removing high-touch table items like salt & pepper shakers, condiments, and peg games. Additionally, managers at every store have been equipped with thermometers in order to perform daily wellness screens of all employees to ensure a safe environment for our team and guests.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Please our guests by correctly preparing menu items to our high standards of professional cooking
- Meets company standards of quality, safety, cleanliness and hospitality in providing guests with the most satisfactory food possible
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example
- Follows Cracker Barrel Old Country Store operational policies and procedures, including those for safety and security, to ensure the safety of all employees and guests during each shift
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance
You will need to be 18 years old, able to stand for long periods, work in a variety of environments, be expected to lift, load and carry up to 40 pounds, and work with hot and cold food items. You must be able to understand and carry out instructions while working effectively with co-workers and managers to please our guests.
We'd love to get to know ya - text CBJOBS to 97211 and "skip the line"! NOTE: Racism, either overt or perpetuated through unconscious bias, has no place at Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, and both our Mission and People Promise are firmly rooted in the principle of valuing what everyone brings to the table. Our employees work hard to ensure that our brand, which is grounded in genuine hospitality and nostalgia, represents only what is good about those things. While our dcor and food may harken back to earlier times, our inclusive culture and beliefs about equality and diversity do not.
Posting ID: 552501160Posted: 2020-09-30