Help create a
healthier world. Start right here at IQVIA.
Parsippany, New Jersey Full time R1132629 Date Posted: 06/27/2020
IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Establish and manage an effective business development program to maximize organization growth. Serve as overall customer relationship manager and strategic business partner responsible for developing and expanding new business opportunities with customers.
- Secure relationships with qualified targets and decision makers within the pharma and biotech markets, uncovering opportunities, developing effective sales strategies and managing the business development pitch process through consultative leadership and oversight. New business sales and expansion of business in accounts under management reflect expected level of success. Serve as a consultative CSMS sales lead
- Build relationships with targeted companies and key executives to understand needs and map those needs to IQVIA solutions, partnering with other areas of the business as appropriate, and close sales
- Develop and implement specific sales strategies to drive awareness, lead generation, and opportunity identification
- Create strategic and tactical plans to uncover and close opportunities across our multiple offerings
- Lead client prospecting, site presentations, negotiations, contract development and account business reviews with key stakeholders
- Influence decision makers at the highest levels within any assigned account
- Act as a liaison between prospect/customer and IQVIA Services and Delivery teams as necessary
- Present sales opportunities to management and work with the internal departments/team members to close large complex sales
- Participate in preparing Requests for Information. Maintain in-depth knowledge of all IQVIA solutions for appropriate cross-sell opportunities.
- Actively network in the industry to establish relationships and to identify potential opportunities.
- Aggressively pursue awareness of competitive activities, positioning and pricing, which includes specific reasons for awards and non-awards.
- Continuously monitor status of leads and opportunities to ensure a pipeline of opportunities is maintained.
- Establish brand recognition; communicate with internal Project Managers to assess overall level of customer satisfaction and progress of projects.
- Educate team participants in customer culture, operational needs/methods and sales techniques needed to close the sale.
- Coordinate with contracts and proposals to develop proposal.
- Handle follow-up related to the sale and drive completion of contractual documents.
- Utilize CRM to establish reports and dashboards to analyze business development and sales activities and track progress.
- Maintain high visibility within customer organization.
- Plan and coordinate all customer sales activities.
- Communicate all account activity to Senior Sales Leader and/or appropriate individuals through the CRM system.
- Lead/participate in change management initiatives for the sales organization.
- Demonstrate a high level of personal accountability
- Proven achiever
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven track record at developing mid-level and high-level contacts
- Solid understanding of commercialization and the principles of drug discovery and development
- Excellent skills using Microsoft Office Suite: MS PowerPoint, MS Word, and MS Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strategic business awareness and analytical skills
- Adaptability and flexibility to changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities
- Ability to maintain demanding timelines
- Ability to influence others both internally and externally
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management and 15 years relevant industry experience (CRO/Pharmaceutical); or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech
- Frequent travel
- Frequent long, varied hours
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
Posting ID: 566865559Posted: 2020-08-05