Guidehouse is a leading management consulting firm serving the public and commercial markets. We guide our clients forward towards new futures that build trust in society and your professional skills along the journey. Join us at Guidehouse.
Our Finance consultants help clients optimize all elements of their finance organization, including operating model design, sustainable cost reduction, financial planning and analysis, management reporting, financial systems architecture, and full scale finance transformation. This high performing team helps CFOs identify, design and implement programs that transform their finance function to meet today's demanding requirements while continuing to provide value added insights to the business.
Minimum Education/ Certification
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited United States college or university in Business, Accounting or Finance
• Must have 5 years of full-time (excluding internships) experience within the past 10 years of progressive experience in the accounting field of Federal Government agencies or Fortune 500 companies. Experience may include audit readiness, audit remediation, and financial statement audit.
• Must have experience in advising federal clients in improving internal controls over financial reporting and meeting the requirements of related federal guidance and requirements, including: OMB Circular A-123, Appendix A, B, and C; the GAO Green Book; the Chief Financial Officers Act of 1990; Federal Managers' Financial Integrity Act of 1982 (FMFIA); and Improper Payments Elimination and Recovery Improvement Act (IPERIA).
• Must have demonstrated proven thorough abilities in the following areas:
- Internal control assessments;
- Entity level controls, risk management, and fraud risk assessments;
- Supporting management control programs;
- Understanding deficiencies communicated by the auditor, tracking audit PBC requests, responding to audit requests, developing corrective action plans, and executing remediation with a focus on internal controls over financial reporting and management financial statement assertions; and,
- Implementing the revised OMB Circular A-123, Appendix A.
- Understanding of and experience conducting internal control assessments and testing in accordance with OMB Circular A-123, Appendix A requirements
• Active Secret Clearance or Above
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensed by a State licensing agency
• Experience with DoD and/or the Department of the Navy.
• Experience with fraud risk assessments.
• Experience in providing audit readiness or audit remediation support, or performing financial statement audits, within the federal government.
• Demonstrates knowledge of federal accounting and auditing standards and guidance in relation to:
- Federal financial statement auditing
- Internal controls
- Audit liaison
- Financial reporting
- Financial business process reengineering
- Data analytics
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
401(k) Retirement Plan
Basic Life & Supplemental Life
Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
Skills Development & Certifications
Employee Referral Program
Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program