This is an opening for the front desk of a busy cardiology practice. You are the first point of contact with the patients.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform all necessary receptionist duties including answering, screening and routing of phone calls.
- Take appropriate messages and ensure the proper delivery of those messages. Be polite and courteous at all times.
- Be able to triage phone calls and determine if urgent, give call to physician or nurse immediately.
- Greet and register each patient as they arrive.
- Verify patient demographics and insurance information into the EMR.
- Collect any necessary co-payments.
- Notify the provider/staff of patients’ arrival.
- Schedule patient appointments.
- Schedule any services or procedures as needed.
- Maintain/prepare patient charts and physician schedule.
- Open and close office, if needed.
- Ensure HIPAA guidelines are followed at all times.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Understanding of various insurance plans and as the need for authorization/referrals.
- Computer and/or EMR experience.
- At least one year of prior work experience in a medical office.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
Our network of community-based physicians work closely with experts at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital, affiliate community hospitals and with other medical professionals to enhance the coordination of the medical care we provide to each and every patient in the communities we all serve.
Posting ID: 563042575Posted: 2020-09-24