FCHC has an exciting opportunity to provide primary health care through our new mobile medical unit. This will allow us to address the health care needs of the most vulnerable populations in the communities we serve. The Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)/Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) will travel (driver and vehicle to be provided by FCHC) and provide all aspects of patient care, diagnosis, treatments, education, and consultations. They will also conduct physicals, order tests and serve as a patient's primary healthcare provider.
Role and Responsibilities
- Help provide primary care to patients (both adult and children)
- Perform physical exams and patient observations.
- Must be proficient with medical instruments and equipment required by the work.
- Knowledge of computer-based data management programs and information systems, as well as records and point of interview technology.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in verbal and written form, with retail and medical partners at various levels, patients, family members, physicians and representatives of the community.
- Record patient medical histories and symptoms.
- Create patient care plans and contribute to existing plans.
- Order, administer and analyze diagnostic test.
- Monitor and operate medical equipment.
- Diagnose health issues, detect changes in a patient's health and change treatment plans as necessary.
- Administer medicines and treatments.
- Evaluate responses to treatments and medications.
- Educate patients and families on managing illness or injuries and disease prevention.
- Take active role to contribute to the improvement of office functioning.
- Ability to function independently with regards to most clinical decision-making.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned by the Medical Director.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Master's degree from an accredited nursing program.
- Must have Florida RN Licensure and be board certified by either ANCC or AANP.
- APN authorization in Florida to practice in Family Health by the Board of Nurse Examiners.
- 18 years or older
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- At least master's degree or higher
- Medical license/certification: RN
- Medical license/certification: CPR Certification
Posting ID: 608089272Posted: 2021-02-22