SummaryGreat position for those with excellent customer service experience and multitasking skills, looking to get into the healthcare field!
- Position Summary
- Under supervision of the Registered Professional Nurse and according to defined policy and procedures, offers assistance in the transporting of patients to inpatient units and diagnostic centers; offers support to the unit including such functions as maintaining room readiness and supplies; provides a neat, clean, and organized environment; assists with paging requests; and sorts papers generated by the multiple printers in the department.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: N/A
- License/Certifications: N/A
- Experience: N/A
- Interpersonal skills necessary to exchange information and maintain courteous relationships with patients, visitors, and Maine Medical Center employees.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English in order to check patient and record identification, follow simple oral or written instructions, and to complete standard forms.
- Knowledge of policies, procedures, and organizational structure of the unit, Nursing Services, and the institution.
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time (up to 90% of work time) and to lift and push patients with wheelchairs or stretchers for up to 90% of work time.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you'll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them - both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care - and the science behind that care - is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.
Posting ID: 575431613Posted: 2020-09-23