Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
This position is for the Manager of the Simulation Multi-Body-Dynamics/Kinematics (MBD) team that supports the Satellite Systems Design Analysis and Test in support of various space system docking/servicing/robotics products, reporting to the Analysis & Thermal Department Manager, Dulles, VA. The candidate will lead a growing team of simulation MBD engineers supporting robotics/servicing hardware design-analysis-test. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading all managerial tasks relevant to simulation tool management, computational resources, manpower which may include Structural Design, Structural Analysis (Stress, Dynamics, Test), Subsystem and Liaison activities. The manager will work 90% of their time in one or more of the MBD engineering, as directed by various space servicing and robotics teams. The manager will be responsible for establishing, maintaining, and facilitating communications, tasking, scheduling, and technical reviews with each individual contributor's associated functional task lead in Palmdale, CA. For functional home room support, approximately 10% of the SM's time will be focused on recruiting, staffing, retaining talent, and holding performance reviews.
NoVASpaceQualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- ABET accredited Graduate Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) discipline along with 15+ years' experience OR an ABET PhD Degree in a STEM discipline with 10+ years of experience.
- Demonstrated excellence in a space vehicle dynamics/kinematics field such as structural design, stress analysis, materials, and/or vehicle dynamics.
- You must also be able to obtain and maintain all required security clearances and program specific accesses.
- ABET accredited PhD Degree in Engineering
- Ability to obtain DoD Top Secret Clearance.
- Expert knowledge of NGC MBD Robotics engineering processes.
- 10 years of space system simulation engineering experience.
- Demonstrated success in leadership/management roles.
- Experience with Simcenter Motion simulation tool.
- Experience with Teamcenter, and NX legacy tools.
- Experience with Staffing Forecasting
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.