This position is responsible for managing all special activities and projects related to private health plan coverage of and reimbursement for audiology and speech-language pathology services.
- Collaborates on identifying, developing, executing, and evaluating coordinated advocacy strategies designed to advance ASHA's Public Policy Agenda.
- Conducts high-quality analyses and develops relevant health care policy recommendations with implications for the professions of audiology and speech-language pathology.
- Prepares analyses, issue briefs, letters, testimony, regulatory comments, and other resources as needed that are designed to advance the relevant health care priorities within ASHA's Public Policy Agenda.
- Represents ASHA, ASHA members and consumers before private health plan policymakers in internal and external appeals and policy change requests.
- Engages federal and state officials as a "Subject Matter Expert" as needed.
- Identifies, develops, maintains, and leverages strategic relationships with relevant staff of external organizations, including coalitions, in accordance with relevant ASHA policies.
- Collaborates on strategic communications, messaging, and grassroots materials that are designed to advance ASHA's Public Policy Agenda. Develops articles and other products for online and print communications.
- Provides technical assistance to ASHA's membership, consumers, and other interested parties as needed.
PandoLogic. Keywords: Health Director, Location: Rockville, MD - 20850
Posting ID: 570376118Posted: 2020-09-18