Reports to Millwork Division Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for setting up the wood moulding machine using a sample or drawing provided and use tooling to adjust as needed.
- Operate, and maintain moulding machine, table saw, straight-line rip saw, jointer saw, edge bander, and planer.
- Translate the blueprints and dimensions on drawings to perform aligning, loading, operating, and other related tasks.
- Provide minor specifications to upgrade the systems as required.
- Maintain a report of the total measure of goods manufactured per day.
- Ensure that all products are assembled according to company standards and policies.
- Follow all company policies and procedures
- Comply with all company safety policies, procedures, training, rules and guidelines.
- Comply with best practices to achieve continuous process improvements and ensure total customer satisfaction.
- Maintain a positive work environment by behaving and communicating in professional, courteous, respectful, ethical manner with customers, clients, co-workers and supervisors.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Minimum of 3 5 years previous experience in a millwork shop, carpentry shop, and/or working knowledge of woodworking
- Technical School training is preferred
- Knowledge of materials and equipment used in custom millwork fabrication
- Sound technical skills and ability to fix problems with any type of machinery
- Knowledge of maintaining and upgrading different machines
- Ability to work with schematics and comprehend complex technical instructions and blueprints
- Good command over CAD and CAM technologies
- Experience using power tools is a plus
- Ability to work for extended hours
- Use good judgment and common sense
- Be willing to work overtime if needed
- Operate mill / doorshop machinery, power saws,
- Woodworking mill / Doorshop environment involving lifting above the shoulder, walking, bending, standing, and carrying of product, heavy lifting required, exposure to very hot and cold weather.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Posting ID: 606424107Posted: 2021-02-13