The Financial Analyst will be responsible for analyzing and compiling empirical data related to the Bank’s loan and deposit portfolios along with non-interest income and expenses and updating the Plansmith model to reflect the information on a monthly, quarterly, or annual basis as required. The Financial Analyst will assist the SVP of Finance in managing the Asset Liability Management process and the Bank’s Liquidity position. The Financial Analyst will also assist the SVP of Finance in managing the investment portfolio and monitoring budget to actual variances.
Specific Job Functions
- Monthly analysis of deposit trials and other financial information; analyzing average deposit rates at the Bank level and at the branch level while focusing on exception pricing, deposit betas, and decay rates.
- Monthly analysis of loan trials and other financial information; analyzing loan construct at the Bank level and at the branch level focusing on loan characteristics such as fixed versus floating rate loans, rate floors and caps, and loan prepayment speeds.
- Leverage Precision Lender and core data to develop a robust loan pricing model, taking into account the Bank’s cost of funds and capital, to effectively price all loans.
- Work with the SVP of Finance to develop a process to integrate the loan and deposit analysis into the Plansmith Model for use in forecasting.
- Assist the SVP of Finance in managing the monthly Asset Liability Management update, stress testing process, and monthly ALCO meetings.
- Monthly analysis of non-interest income and non-interest expense at the Bank level and at the branch level to assist in driving overall profitability.
- Develop, monitor, and streamline internal monthly financial reporting using the Plansmith Excel add-in tool including budget variance analysis.
- Assist the SVP of Finance with the annual Budget process.
- Assist the SVP of Finance in managing the Bank’s investment portfolio and reporting.
- Assist the SVP of Finance in managing the Bank’s SWAPS.
- Respond to and research FDICIA and other audit requests for information on an as needed basis.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls which verify the integrity of all systems, processes, and data to enhance the Bank’s value.
- Respond to the CFO and Senior Management with accurate and timely financial information.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university in the field Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration.
- 5 years hands-on accounting or financial analysis experience required, preferably with extensive general ledger use in a Bank.
- 5 years multi-location budget experience, preferably with budget variance and cost control analysis.
- 2 years of bank modeling preferred.
- Strong analytical and financial skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Extensive supervisory and managerial skills.
- Ability to interact within all levels of the Bank.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Posting ID: 604750316Posted: 2021-02-26