Quality Lab Technician _ Geismar, LA
Kelly Services is currently seeking a Quality Lab Technician for one of our top clients in Geismar, LA
As a QA Technician placed with Kelly Services you will be responsible for quality assurance testing of in process samples, raw materials, intermediates, and finished goods within the scope of the Company Quality Policy.
- This position will work rotating, 12-hour shifts: (5am-5pm) and (5pm-5am) Every other weekend off
- Pay: $25/hr
- Duration 12 months
- Using appropriate software to evaluate data based on internal and external specifications, support the continuous improvement of lab and plant processes through QA/QC activities and meet and/or exceed customer expectations.
- Analyze raw materials, intermediate products, finished products and other chemical samples and evaluate suitability according to established specifications to ensure quality and availability of final product
- Analyze samples, provide quality data and become an active member along with the Lab Supervisor and Production personnel to provide innovative ideas to improve lab and plant processes and demonstrate continuous improvement
- Know, understand and use software tools such as Lotus Notes, Labware, SAP, Microsoft Office Programs, etc. which enhance quality reporting
- Ensure the suitability of laboratory equipment through proper operation, maintenance, calibration, verification and good quality control and assessment activities.
- Generate quality data and significant statistical data to support plant personnel in their efforts to enhance process control, meet customer requirements and continuously improve our product quality characteristics.
- Perform analysis of raw materials, intermediates, and finished goods, in a timely manner, to verify conformance to or prescribe appropriate adjustment to product so they meet specifications that have been agreed upon by Company and their customers or suppliers.
- Associate must be willing to work in a team-oriented atmosphere.
- This includes learning all tasks and equipment associated with product testing, helping coordinate the flow of work within the team and with other departments, and helping team associates to meet changing work demands (i.e. go where the work is).
- Perform all tests on applicable products
- Analyze and record the test results
- Effectively communicate with operations
- Interpret and follow documented procedures and STI’s
- Effectively communicate results to the appropriate personnel
- Participate in safe work practices Perform equipment control plan to verify conformance
- Maintain a clean working environment
- Perform effectively in a team-based environment
- Perform all required health and safety inspections at prescribed frequencies
- Computer literate; scientific minded and detail oriented.
- The selected candidate must have the ability to work as part of a team, understand chemical and instrument measurement processes, be self-motivated, and willing to develop technical knowledge and understanding of the chemical and measurement processes involved in their respective units.
- Minimum 2-year Associate's degree in Chemistry or 2-year technical degree in analytical testing in Chemistry or related field is preferred, or at least 2 years’ experience working in a chemical manufacturing laboratory environment.
- Previous Quality Control experience.
- Basic understanding of general chemistry
- Basic understanding of theory, operation, calibration, maintenance and troubleshooting of laboratory instrumentation such as gas chromatographs, viscometers, spectrophotometers, pH meters, titrators, etc.
- Basic understanding of the techniques of quality assurance and quality control
- Basic understanding of math and statistics
- Basic understanding of ISO/RCMS quality system requirements
- Basic computer skills using software packages such as Microsoft Office, Power BI, SAP, Lotus Notes, etc.
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends, and occasional overtime
- Occasional lifting, bending and twisting of various range and motion requiring physical exertion when handling materials, drums or equipment
- Ability to lift 30-50 pounds
- Ability to stand and walk in work environment majority of time
- Occasional use of stairs required
- Occasional use of respiratory protection
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States. Email email@example.com for questions about the position but please apply online to be considered for the position.
- As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group-rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
*Available for purchase and administered by a designated third-party vendor
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests-it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.