PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Our Distribution Center Manager (internally known as Assistant Retail Support Manager) In-Training
program allows qualified individuals the opportunity to train, lead, mentor, and work with an existing Retail Support Manager (RSM) on how to effectively and efficiently operate a Retail Support Center (RSC). This senior level management position is ultimately responsible for the success and execution of the Retail Support Center's strategic initiatives by coordinating support to the retailers in the region with regard to warehousing, order fulfillment, inventory control, customer service, and transportation activities. Ace Hardware has a network of 15 distribution centers across the country - also known as Retail Support Centers (RSCs). Each RSC is approximately 700,000 to 1 million square feet and employs an excess of 250 employees in each site. In addition, this role is accountable for preparing and meeting financial/operational goals of the center while providing leadership for the development of direct reports, and ensuring a safe working environment for all employees. There are over 5,000 distribution center employees across the country that are instrumental in helping over 5,000 Ace Hardware stores be the most helpful hardware stores on the planet! PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES:
The Assistant Retail Support Manager provides onsite direction to the distribution and logistics activities of the Retail Support Center. Responsibilities include coordination of business relationships within the region as they relate to the daily long term interfaces with the retailers, sales force and the community. Responsible for the overall success of the Retail Support Center, including, but not limited to, safety, quality, productivity and financial responsibilities. INCUMBANT TRAINING PROGRAM
12-18 months hands-on learning all aspects of leading a Retail Support Center, including: Inbound and Outbound, Traffic, Customer Service, Inventory Control, Facilities Management and Human Resources. A special focus on leading a profit and loss center. Network with key business leaders and officers at Ace Hardware Corporate Headquarters in Oak Brook, Illinois. By the end of this program, participants will work as an Assistant Retail Support Manager or move into a Retail Support Manager role if available. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Lead, support and encourage Ace Values: Winning, Excellence, Love, Integrity, Gratitude, Humility and Teamwork.
- Ensures the company's strategic direction and initiatives are understood and communicated to subordinates in an effective manner to achieve alignment and the expected levels of execution.
- Demonstrates and enforces an environment of safety, good working relationships and productivity.
- Creates financial objectives and budget and hold Management/staff accountable to achieve overall success with fiscal goals.
- Achieves and/or exceeds all financial and operational goals established for the Retail Support Center Creates opportunities of development for the Managers and Supervisors and leads by example.
- Develops and promotes a coordinated team effort with other departments within Ace's corporate office and field locations.
- Leads the efforts within the region to assure the best possible support is being provided to the retailers from the Retail Support Center and to the field sales force.
- Flexible to deal with issues that arise outside of normal business hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
We want to hear from you!
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years specific related experience in the field of logistics and distribution management.
- An understanding of the execution of work responsibilities which are of a General Management orientation related to a free standing/remote facility.
- Orientation to and understanding of the requirements of responsibilities as it relates to the direct interaction with retailers.
- Must successfully complete 12-18 month Assistant Retail Support Manager training program
- Ability and commitment to relocate
- 30% minimum travel
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets. Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other action covered by federal or applicable state/local laws.