Minds Matter, LLC is an organization dedicated to helping individuals who have experienced a brain injury live independently at home. Our innovative experts provide services and resources that empower consumers to relearn, reinvent and reconnect in their communities. We believe in a holistic, person-directed approach to care. Your goals are our goals. Our consumers work with physical, occupational, cognitive, behavioral, and speech therapists as well as Transitional Living Services staff who help consumers learn independent living skills so they can live, work and play in the community.
A Cognitive Therapist works with individuals that have experienced a traumatic brain injury to develop and utilizes methods that enhance cognitive functioning through various methods, including guided practice on tasks that reflect particular cognitive functions, development of new skills and strategies for taking in new information, such as the use of memory aids and other assistive devices.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for learning and implementing all aspects of Minds Matter, LLC philosophical principles in all aspects of service delivery.
- Assist individuals to identify their needs and develop appropriate compensation techniques to accommodate the consequences of their brain injury. This includes developing, with the consumer, techniques for
- enhancing consumers’ problem solving, memory, planning, organizational and processing skills.
- Integrate employment, educational and independent living goals into therapy.
- Work closely with the consumer and other team members to determine when goals are attained.
- Provide services only as designated on each individual consumer’s authorized plan of care.
- Educate families and caregivers about the consequences of brain injury and communicate with them about goals and progress as needed.
- Attend all trainings and workshops to maintain ability to provide the most up to date, effective and evidence-based practice.
- Document sessions with the consumer the day of the service and is goal driven, concise, factual, and clear.
- Attend all weekly conference calls and webinars with the rest of the Therapy department.
- Attend team meetings and assist consumer in goal setting.
- Establish and maintain a professional rapport with all consumers, co-workers, referral agents and representatives of other community agencies and services.
- Promote public relations throughout the agency and community for the program.
- Demonstrate a willingness to serve on agency and interagency task groups as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Provide care and maintenance for Minds Matter LLC issued iPad and cell phone if applicable.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality of protected health information in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
- Possibly serve as a consumer’s team lead, which entails being accountable for updating goal plans and team meeting history forms during the team meetings with progress, effectiveness of strategies, concerns, task assignments to team members, or changes to goals.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to teach skills to individuals with disabilities.
- High degree of sensitivity towards all people.
- Ability to deal professionally with persons on a one to one basis.
- Ability to effectively plan, coordinate and assist with all aspects of a consumer’s life.
- Excellent time management skills, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Basic to moderate technology skills, as our electronic medical record system is run on an iPad.
Education and Experience
- Prefer a bachelor’s degree or higher but experience in related fields will be considered.
- Some lifting required for consumers with physical needs.
- Requires good verbal skills and listening ability.
- Must be able to read and write
- Basic iPad proficiency
- Have reliable transportation
- Check voicemail and email daily
Measurement of Success
- Feedback by constituents including consumers, families and other agencies.
- Ability to relate to and work with all consumers effectively.
- Degree of confidence displayed in the execution of responsibilities.
- Positive and professional relationships with all internal and external contacts.
Total Compensation Package
- In addition to competitive pay, we offer a 401K, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), free CEUs, health insurance, dental insurance, and vision coverage to qualified employees, and generous accrual of paid time off.
- What Minds Matter Therapist Appreciate: the ability to set their own hours and schedule, a work-life balance where they aren't hounded about productivity, the ability to find creative solutions to life's challenges, and a supportive work environment.
- Do meaningful work. With Minds Matter, your work makes an impact on a consumer's life from your very first session. Our therapy is applied in an individual's home and/or community - the most natural setting possible. As a result of this, our outcomes are 4-5x greater than that of other brain injury rehabilitation programs.
Powered by JazzHR
Posting ID: 562823357Posted: 2020-08-04