Job Title: Executive Chef
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: GM
Supervises: Executive Sous Chef, Banquet Sous Chef, Sous Chef, Line Cooks, Stewards/Dishwashers
Job Description Date: May 1, 2014
Job Purpose: To supervise food preparation of all food outlets of the hotel ensuring standards are maintained as set forth by management.
1. Supervise food preparation staff: hiring, terminations, disciplinary actions, performance evaluations and development.
2. Schedule all employees under his/her supervision, maintaining adequate staffing levels while adhering to labor standards guidelines.
3. Supervise all cooking operations, including methods, portioning, and garnishing. Ensure attractive presentation of all food and dishes.
4. Plan meals and develops menus.
5. Assist the GM, AGM or Director of F&B and sales staff with banquets, parties, and other special events.
6. Requisition food and equipment, giving specifications, quantities, and quality descriptions.
7. Monitor budget and assists GM, AGM, or Director of F&B in developing annual operating budget. Assist in maximizing revenues and profits.
8. Other duties as assigned.
1. Must be able to "prep" food products, using standardized food preparation techniques.
2. Apply principles of rational systems to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form.
3. Compute discount, interest, profit, and loss; commission, markups and selling price; ratio and proportion, and percentages. Calculate surface, volumes, weights, and measures.
4. Read and understand instructions, safety rules, etc. Write reports with proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar, using all parts of speech. Speak with poise, voice control, and confidence, using correct grammar.
5. Determine time, place, and sequence of operation or action to be taken; Supervise through determining or interpreting work procedures for a group of workers, assigning specific duties, maintaining harmonious relations, and promoting efficiency.
Job Qualifications: Describe the minimum qualifications needed to complete the job responsibilities.
Education Graduation with certification from a culinary institution required.
Experience Minimum 2 years experience as Sous Chef. 2 years kitchen supervisory experience with 3 years kitchen operations experience including at least 1 year in a lead cook position, and 1 year in a steward position; OR, an equivalent combination of education and experience.