Position Purpose: Directs the operation of the service deli, including supervising and training personnel. Orders merchandise. Ensures customer service and product quality, freshness, safety and selection.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
· Champions Company and Division customer service programs to meet or exceed Division customer service goals. Handles customer relations in a positive manner, including effective resolution of customer complaints. Promotes Albertson's philosophy of personalized service in the service deli.
· Supervises the day to day functions of the service deli. Conducts daily inspections of all service deli sections and initiates corrective measures to ensure compliance with product quality, rotates products, maintains in stock conditions, code date standards, temperature, sanitation and safety requirements.
· Assists with all service deli duties such as: receiving, cleaning, preparing, cooking, slicing and packaging.
· Implements effective promotional and seasonal displays. Controls shrink and expenses. Accurately completes and monitors daily log sheet, purchase report, and sales and labor and other required paperwork and logs. Maintains records on ad items movement.
· Orders, checks, receives and controls inventory to ensure adequate proper inventory level, product quality and freshness and to prevent the sale of out of code product. Takes periodic inventories, processes administrative paperwork and maintains accurate department records. Maintains and organizes service deli work area, cooler and freezer.
· Ensures proper merchandising of product by understanding and implementing schematics, merchandising of advertised items, proper signing procedures and monitoring product flow. Complies with retail labeling laws, federal and state regulations and Company policies.
· Follows Company policy in handling re-worked and reduced-to-clear items. Complies with all federal, state and local health and food safety standards.
· Handles customer relations. Assists customers by taking and filling special orders. Makes product suggestions and engages in suggestive selling. Makes intercom announcements.
· Ensures cleanliness and sanitation of sales floor and work area, freezer and cooler, equipment, and retail cases.
· Assists with answering and responding incoming calls appropriately. Receives and appropriately resolves customer complaints and reports to the Store Director as appropriate.
· Assists with implementing emergency procedures in the event of equipment and computer software malfunctions.
· Schedule service deli associates to ensure adequate coverage and service levels. Ensures that all associates are trained and instructed in the proper performance of work duties. Monitors associate performance and reports observations to the Store Director. Reports associate complaints to the Store Director and assists with resolution.
· Maintains confidentiality concerning associates, store sales and other Company information.
· Responsible for performing all job duties and responsibilities safely, accurately and with honesty and integrity.
· Other necessary and required duties.
Skills and Physical Requirements:
· Requires working knowledge of all job duties within the Service Deli Department including food preparation and cooking.
· Requires strong communication skills, good leadership and interpersonal skills, the proven ability to manage people and the ability to maintain composure in dealing with customers and co-workers. Ability to work quickly.
· Requires knowledge of employment laws and workplace practices.
· Requires a good understanding of Company practices and Service Deli Department policies and procedures. Requires the ability to judge and react to business activity.
· Must have knowledge of product variety, bakery standards, perishability, food safety, safety and sanitation procedures and department policies and procedures.
· Frequently lifts and maneuvers objects of varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 55 lbs. Bends, stoops and reaches frequently and occasionally climbs ladders. Pushes and pulls fully loaded hand trucks, six-wheel carts and pallet jacks. Performs repetitious arm movement to decorate, prepare and package products.
· Manual dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are necessary. Must be able to operate kitchen utensils and equipment.
· Mental alertness is necessary to ensure safe and accurate completion of work activities. Requires knowledge of basic mathematics and weights and measures. Must have knowledge of taste, content and perishability of products, safety and sanitation procedures and department policies and procedures.
· Operates computer software and electronic ordering devices to order products, plan sales, input inventory and schedules, and print labels.
· Utilizes cleaning supplies and equipment. Utilizes safety cutters and knives. Requires use of latex and heat resistance gloves.
· Knowledge of profit and loss statements.
· May be required to work nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays. Scheduled hours will vary. Good attendance is required.
· Exposure to potential hazards exists with respect to cooking procedures, equipment and work aids necessary to perform job duties.
· Exposure to potential hazards exists with respect to cooking procedures, equipment and work aides necessary to perform job duties.
· Hands are frequently exposed to water and cleaning agents.
· Frequent exposure to approximately 400 degrees Fahrenheit while cooking products. Exposure up to 140˚ Fahrenheit while handling products in hot cases, 35˚ Fahrenheit while handling products in cold cases, 28˚ Fahrenheit while handling products in cooler and -20˚ Fahrenheit while handling products in freezer.
· Working conditions consist of a temperature controlled store environment.
Safety -- Sensitive Position:
Job responsibilities include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.