If you are looking to be part of a non-profit agency that has an excellent reputation, strength-based supervision and high regard when it comes to honoring the mission of our work, Bay State Community Services is the right place for you. Apply now!!
Come be part of an amazing team of individuals using their lived experience and personal journey of recovery to provide hope and help others.
What you will be doing to help others in their journey of recovery
• Supporting all paths to recovery
• Embracing the peer participatory model by supporting recoverees' voice and choice.
• Creating and running groups that will engage and involve peers, both in-person and virtually.
• Providing one-on-one support for peer and family
• Connecting and providing support and resources to all recoverees
• Working a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the center and recoverees
• Being part of a team that will plan activities that support and promote recovery
Schedule: This position is part-time with a schedule of Mondays 12p-5p, Wednesdays 3p-8:30p, Fridays 3p - 8:30 and every other Saturday.. Requirements:
• Lived experience with sustained recovery is required.
• Ability to develop trusting relationships, strong people skills.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Respects and advocates for all pathways to recovery.
• Completion of 5-day Recovery Coach Academy is preferred.
• Recovery Coach Certification or working towards certification is preferred.
• Must have fluent computer skills, MS Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with Zoom and social media preferred.
• Have knowledge of the recovery resources in the surrounding area.
• Must be 21 years of age to apply.
Bay State Community Services is committed to diversity, inclusion, and social justice. We are committed to providing an environment free from harassment of any kind, and mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Bay State Community Services believes diversity and inclusion, and social justice is an action, and as such seeks to operationalize policies, procedures and systems that support a talented, and diverse workforce.