The Corporate FP&A Manager will be responsible for consolidation and reporting of global management forecasting and results analysis. This associate will actively partner with executive leadership to continuously provide critical information, unbiased facts, risks and opportunities, and ownership/championing of action planning to enhance growth and operating results. Effective communication and coordination of global FP&A associates will be a key for success. This role will work on highly complex assignments with extensive latitude for independent judgment, including driving the FP&A integration roadmap. MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (List in order of importance)
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and Certifications)
- Collaborates and develops strong relationships with executive leaders to set action plans to achieve annual operating plan; actively engages daily as co-leader of the business team; drives results in conjunction with business leadership.
- Coordinates with a global FP&A team on corporate expectations, timing and standardization of deliverables. Can effectively communicate the needs of executive management and create processes and reporting templates to satisfy changes in requirements.
- Consolidates and reviews accuracy of planning inputs into Hyperion application for reporting and analysis.
- Drive the FP&A integration roadmap which includes, chart of account harmonization, global cost centers, master data alignment, Hyperion adoption, detailed and rigorous planning, and transparent profit center reporting
- Ability to create ad hoc financial models and problem solve various business issues.
- Prepares and reviews monthly results and ad hoc analysis to determine methods of increasing operating productivity through revenue generation, margin expansion and/or cost control.
- Develops monthly/quarterly/annual financial presentation packages for review with Senior Leadership, Board of Directors and Investors.
- Assists with quarterly public company reporting requirements associated with earnings release.
- Facilitates, expedites and resolves a variety of financial/reporting issues/questions raised by business partners.
- Assists in the development and implementation of financial policies and procedures. Recommends best practices based upon analytical review of factual data.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform the job competently)
- Bachelors degree in accounting, finance, or closely related field from an accredited college or university; Graduate degree preferred, but not required
- 8+ years experience in finance or accounting related fields; leadership experience a plus
- Six Sigma or Lean training helpful, but not required
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT (Under Typical Positions)
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, and the ability to work in team environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication, analytical skills
- Strong financial planning and analysis background
- Ability to work with executives, managers and owners in developing operating plans and maintaining regular financial reports; ability to modify or create reporting processes to ensure efficient operations and timely reporting
- Independent, self-starter, highly motivated
- Comfortable engaging with VWR customers on contractual negotiations and other matters
- Proficiency in Oracle Hyperion
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, and Access)
Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis.
Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs. DISCLAIMER:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. EEO StatementWe are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at TalentManagement@avantorsciences.comand let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.
EEO is the Law
OFCCP EEO Supplement
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
3rd party non-solicitation policy
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned on and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation
Posting ID: 551122429Posted: 2020-07-14