To accurately check patients in and out by verifying insurance, collecting payments, and maintaining patient records and accounts. Maintain patient flow. Provide positive patient relations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare the clinic for opening each day by reviewing the facility, opening all systems applications, and preparing new patient registration packets and required documents
- Greet patients, provide patients initial paperwork, and obtain copies of insurance and identification cards.
- Register patients, update patient records, and verify insurance accurately and timely
- Follow company procedures related to workers’ compensation and occupational medicine patients
- Determine, collect and process patient payments and address collection and billing issues
- Discharge patients accurately and timely by collecting balances, providing patient documentation, and following discharge procedures
- Respond promptly to customer needs, provide excellent customer service, assist patients with follow-up appointments, and fulfill medical documentation requests
- Balance daily patient charges (cash, check, credit cards) against system reports
- Complete closing procedures by preparing closing documentation and submitting required reports
- Prepare, sign, and drop the deposit in the safe on a nightly basis
- Complete cash control procedures and secure financial assets
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation.
- Maintain office supplies
- Observe safety and security procedures; promote a safe and pleasant work environment
- Report potentially unsafe conditions to management
- Regular attendance to ensure efficient clinic operations
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
High School Diploma or GED required. Previous medical clerical experience preferred. Basic computer knowledge, e.g., Microsoft Office. Accuracy and detail orientation. Positive customer service skills. Well-groomed appearance. Clear and articulate phone voice. Tactful interpersonal relationships.
Posting ID: 562718670Posted: 2020-08-15