Anderson Dahlen, Inc. is a market leading contract manufacture of capital equipment in the Food, Pharmaceutical, Industrial and Vacuum process equipment markets. We have a long history as a family owned, privately held, values-based company of approximately 300 employees and growing.
We are part of the Gray Inc. family of companies. Gray is a family-owned, fully integrated service provider specializing in engineering, design, construction, and smart manufacturing.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
The machine operator is responsible for operating computer numerical control and/or manual machines to machine parts. The machine operator loads parts in the machine, cycle's machine and detects malfunctions in machine operations, such as worn or damaged cutting tools. The position runs production lots, communicates with co-workers regarding productions runs, and maintains a safe, organized, and clean work environment.
THIS FULL-TIME POSITION INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING DUTIES:
- Set up, program, and operate Haas Vertical mills to machine intricate component parts per print.
- Operates forklifts, JIB cranes, and bridge cranes to safely handle large weldments.
- Possesses the ability to successfully follow work instructions and check your own work for accuracy.
- Must be able to design and build set up fixtures as required.
- Complete projects within established guidelines and time frames according to our quality standards.
- Understand and follow all company policies and procedures.
- Follow safe work practices and OSHA requirements.
- Work in teams to create cost saving measures and/or ideas to improve quality and service.
- Monitor the quality of goods produced.
- Must be able to work independently and complete other duties as assigned.
WEEKEND SHIFT ONLY
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a machine shop environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (2 years of trade school preferred)
- Accurately be able to use digital calipers, bore gauges, protractors, profilometers and other measuring tools.
- Ability to repeatedly lift to 75 pounds.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of part warpage, part movement, and part control during the machining process.
- Must be reliable and punctual.
- Willing to change tasks within the shop as workload necessitates
- Must supply own hand tools as follows: Protractor, Square, Dial Caliper, Tape Measure, Scribe, Ball peen and Dead Blow Hammers.
- Pass pre-hire physical and drug test.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints, written instructions, verbal instructions, and document completion of work.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations using decimals and fractions.
- Bonus Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K with Match
- Profit Sharing Program
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Employer paid Life Insurance
Posting ID: 607118221Posted: 2021-02-17