Based in Ramsey, Connexus Energy is Minnesota's largest electric distribution cooperative, providing electricity, renewable energy alternatives and related services to 130,000+ residential and commercial members just north of the Twin Cities. We offer a collaborative work environment with challenging and rewarding work, which provides for professional development and work-life balance in a highly technical, stable and innovative industry. We give back to the communities we serve by embracing opportunities to volunteer, donate and support economic development. Our talented and friendly staff focuses on achieving our mission of providing the highest quality service at the lowest possible price.
We are currently seeking a Surveyor & Land Rights Administrator to support the design, construction, and maintenance of our electric distribution system. This individual will be responsible for writing, recording, reviewing, and maintaining easements and other land-related legal documents, updating and maintaining the land base layer in the cooperative's GIS, and serving as the cooperative's service territory boundary representative.
Key Responsibilities & Results:
- Acquire new, maintain and manage current easements by processing acquisitions, releases and other legal documents to ensure compliance with legal requirements
- Perform work in CAD (AutoCAD) to support to engineering and design of the company's electric distribution system
- Maintain the GIS land base of Connexus Energy's service territory which accurately represents existing parcel and plat information
- Survey easements and rights-of-way as needed for design and construction to ensure facilities are located within legal boundaries
- Serve as Connexus Energy's service territory boundary representative to ensure that the cooperative's boundaries are respected
- Serve as backup to the ROW Representative to initiate, administer and maintain right-of-way permits generated by electric design and construction so that permission is gained to access the right-of-way in order to construct and maintain the distribution system
- Occasionally, perform drone flights to capture field data necessary to support the design process
- Respond to ad-hoc customer and company requests and inquiries
The application review process will begin on March 25, 2020.
Compensation: This position offers a competitive wage and an attractive benefits package including medical, dental, life, disability insurance, 401(k), and tuition reimbursement.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Required Talents, Skills, Expertise, Education:
- B.S. degree in GIS/Geography with surveying course work or AAS degree in Surveying with a GIS emphasis
- 3-5 years' practical field experience
- Experience in GIS systems or land surveying applications
- Experience reading and interpreting easements, as well as other legal documents and descriptions
- Skilled in reading, interpreting, and updating maps and GIS
- Professional surveying licensure
- Current and valid driver's license
- Ability to clearly communicate information and ideas both verbally and in writing
- Ability to listen and understand information being communicated
- Ability to deal with conflict tactfully and professionally
Preferred Talents, Skills, Expertise, Education:
- Experience working in an electric utility setting
- Experience with ESRI GIS platform
- Knowledge of ArcFM software
- Experience with drones
- Membership in the International Right-of-Way Association (IRWA)
- Real estate or other land legal training and/or formal education