At A Glance
- A supervisory role with 70% in the field and 30% spent in the office, leading and coaching a team of 8-12 Outside Sales Representatives selling core residential product including, Cable TV, Internet, Voice, and Nationwide Mobile
- Profile: A collaborative, goal-oriented sales professional and effective communicator with some supervisory and leadership experience. Enthusiastic about coaching and development for themselves and others.
- Benefits include paid training and time off, comprehensive health packages, best-in-class retirement savings, discounted Spectrum services where available, and more.
What is your goal?
In this role, you will set the tone for your team's success by supporting all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience. As a supervisor, you will have at least a year of experience overseeing and guiding a team. You will help build your new team by recruiting, interviewing and hiring new Sales Representatives. You know what kinds of experience will help your team grow, so coaching and training, including safety training, will also be an essential part of your role and vital to your group's shared success. When issues arise between employees, you have the insight and calm to help teammates come to a satisfactory resolution.
What is the Direct Sales Supervisor role?
As Direct Sales Supervisor, you're going to spend 70% of your time in the field with your team. That means a driver's license, auto insurance and a driving record within Company required standards will be essential. You will go when and where your team members go, traveling across your territory in all types of weather to help communicate the goals and assignments to your team of Representatives. Collaborating closely with your team will help you set, meet and exceed your budgeted sales goals. It's also how you'll understand the marketing issues that can affect those goals.
In the office you will:
- Assign and manage leads
- Track and audit sales
- Conduct training, 1:1 coaching/development; facilitate team huddles
- Review reports for coaching opportunities
- Communication of business directives that affect the team
- Support your leadership
Maintaining budgeted headcount as well as controlling attrition for your team is critical to your overall success.
Since your team is eligible to earn commissions, you will be involved in the payroll process to ensure timely and accurate commission approval. Supervisors earn commissions on their team's sales. In addition, there are accelerator opportunities for exceeding goals.
With a deliberate path to success
We know that the best people to lead are those who have been down the same road before. If you started as a Representative, you know that career advancement is a very real and achievable goal. If you're new to Spectrum, you will soon see that we value the experience that has brought you here and the enthusiasm that will continue to move you forward in your career. This is a position with a lot of growth potential.
What it takes to get started
The minimum requirements for the Direct Sales Supervisor include:
- At least a year of supervisory experience
- Experience leading a diverse team of employees in a fast paced, challenging environment
- The ability to travel within assigned territories and company facilities using a reliable personal vehicle.
- Ability to work in the field a minimum of 4 hrs. each day, including evenings and Saturdays as required
- Knowledge of cable and/or telecommunication products and services is desirable but not required
- Intermediate working knowledge with Microsoft Office software programs, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work efficiently with technical devices including laptops, tablets, smartphones, and other similar support tools
Posting ID: 578555600Posted: 2020-10-09