STR08109 - Reading Job DescriptionJob Title:
Store Operations Job Summary:
The Night Supervisor is responsible for the complete operations of the store when a more senior level manager is not present. This position will be scheduled primarily on 3rd shift to manage tasks that are typically reserved for nighttime shifts, occasionally position will be scheduled on 2nd shift based on business needs. This position will make appropriate recommendations to the store management team regarding any store concern or opportunity. Where applicable, this position will assist the management team with managing the fuel offer.
- Ensure exceptional customer service is being delivered. Respond to and resolve customer inquiries in a courteous and timely manner. Respond to and resolve customer inquiries and solicit customer feedback and input.
- Ensure execution of established safety, security, quality, and store operations policies and standards. Demonstrate knowledge of and follow Wawa's Crisis Management procedures when necessary.
- Provide direction, motivation, and coaching for associates during the shift.
- Recognize associates and celebrate accomplishments.
- Enforce Wawa's cash handling and accountability processes and perform manager functions on register.
- Administrate check-in of external and internal vendors according to corporate procedures.
- Exhibit a working knowledge of store equipment and ensure facility and store conditions meet established standards.
- Ability to work well individually as well as in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to defuse issues using de-escalation and problem solving techniques
- Proven self-starter with demonstrated ability to make decisions
- Excellent relationship building and leadership skills
- Must be able to perform the following physical behaviors repetitively throughout a shift: standing, walking, handling, reaching horizontally and grasping firmly
- Must be able to perform the following physical behaviors frequently throughout a shift: reaching above the shoulder, reaching below the waist, pushing buttons, bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, kneeling and pushing
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs
- Ability to learn and utilize the store's technology
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be at least 18 years old to be considered for this role
- Ability to direct others and prioritize tasks
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to work 35 - 40 hours per week
- Ability to work primarily third shift with an occasional 2nd shift, weekends and holidays, based on business needs
- Experience leading, developing and selecting teams preferred
- Experience effectively implementing change and demonstrated results in execution
- Leadership experience in a fast-paced retail, food service, or fuel environment preferred
- Experienced in all areas of store operations, including foodservice
- Proven and consistently demonstrated skills in the following:
- Exceptional Customer Service
- Relationship Building
- Effective Communication
Wawa will provide reasonable accommodation to complete an application upon request, consistent with applicable law. If you require an accommodation, please contact our Associate Service Center at email@example.com 1-800-444-9292.
Wawa, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Wawa maintains a work environment in which Associates are treated fairly and with respect and in which discrimination of any kind will not be tolerated. In accordance with federal, state and local laws, we recruit, hire, promote and evaluate all applicants and Associates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, familial status, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Unlawful discrimination will not be a factor in any employment decision.
Posting ID: 590736700Posted: 2021-01-04