POSITION TITLE: Assistant Deli Manager
REPORTS TO: Deli Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
To direct and supervise all functions and activities on the Deli Department in the absence of the Deli Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Responsible for the performance and supervision of all Deli Clerk responsibilities.
2) Responsible for enforcing all of the company policies in the absence of the Deli Manager.
3) Responsible of the overall operation of the Deli Department in the absence of the Deli Manager.
4) Greet all customers and be observant.
5) Abide by all company policies as stated in the Employee Handbook.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Assist the Deli Manager in observing local conditions and competitive activity relating to the Deli Department.
2) Assist with cooking and preparing of all foods.
3) Direct the operation of the hot foods cases.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1) At least one year experience in the supermarket industry.
2) Must have strong oral and written communication skills for dealing with customers and Vendors.
3) Ability to unload, transport, and place merchandise to their designated areas.
4) Must have dexterity in hands to enable slicing and preparing of deli products.
5) Must be able to lift up to fifty pounds (50 lbs) up to twenty percent (20%) of the time.
6) Exposed to extreme heat up to twenty percent (20%) of the time, and exposure to extreme cold of thirty two degrees (32 degrees) up to twenty percent (20%) of the time.
Posting ID: 525027075Posted: 2020-07-14