The Administrative Assistant provides administrative services in support of the various SEIU Local 2015 Departments, membership and staff to accomplish the organizational goals. The position may be located in offices across the state and would primarily report to the Regional Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Any one position may not include all of the specific duties and responsibilities listed. Examples provide a general summary of the work required and should not be treated as a total and complete list of expected duties to be performed by employees in the classification.
- Provide and coordinate administrative support to the assigned departments and respective personnel by:
- Creating and or maintaining various data systems for tracking and monitoring staff compliance with department and Union programs such as COPE and membership drive, petition drives, and membership mobilization.
- Ensure staff compliance with administrative requirements such as Activity reports, attendance records and expense reports filings.
- Prepares materials, including urgent correspondence, letters, fliers, forms, announcements and coordinates mailing for the Regional or Department Manager
- Establish and maintain hard copy and/or electronic filing system
- Processing mail and phone calls for the Regional Director or Department Manager
- Works on special projects as assigned by immediate supervisor
- Maintains Regional or Department Manager’s calendar and coordinating travel arrangements
- Creates spreadsheets, updates and maintains Member Strength databases which includes entering of membership cards, entering COPE cards, activities reporting, organizing lists, stewards and leadership lists, grievance lists, and may include employer lists.
- Attends and participates at Regional meetings, assisting in room prep, agenda preparation, typing and distributing minutes, and executes follow up work from meetings.
- Conducts inventory and request office supplies consistent with approval policy
- Assists in the implementation and coordination of other local wide events
- Process member requests and complaints (telephone and walk-in) and refers to appropriate staff for resolution
- Interact courteously and tactfully with managers, co-workers, members, vendors or associates
- Coordination of calls and placement for providers and consumers on behalf of the Homecare Exchange by phone or walk-ins during the designated hours.
- Maintaining and updating the database for the Homecare Exchange.
- Perform other duties as required to support the department and mission of the organization.
Required Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Expertise using Microsoft programs, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Access and Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to type 45 wpm
- Knowledge of standard business documents and table formatting to prepare materials accurately
- Proficiency using the Internet as a research tool
- Experience composing grammatically correct correspondence, and editing drafts to correct grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to communicate and relate respectfully with a diverse membership and staff
- Commitment to provide accurate, efficient and friendly service to staff and members
- Ability to exercise strong problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and must work well under pressure
- Able to prioritize and complete workload
- Excellent punctuality and attendance
- Bilingual skills highly desirable
Sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods (up to four hours at a time) typing. Lifting up to 20 pounds. Employees must recognize that working in the labor movement is tough, demanding work, which sometimes requires working long or irregular hours that may necessitate over time. Some limited travel may be required.
Scope and Nature of Supervision:
Administrative Assistants report to assigned Department Director on a day-to-day basis. Supervision and direction may change on a campaign-by-campaign or project-by-project basis.
Job descriptions are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of every activity or responsibility that is required for each role.
SEIU Local 2015 is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to recruiting and hiring without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting ID: 574040138Posted: 2020-11-03