Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work safely within company policy, procedures, and governmental regulations and fully participate in company safety programs.
- Perform critical operations to keep facility running.
- Unload, load and transfer grain and grain products which may include but not be limited to barge, truck and rail operations.
- Must develop a knowledge of the product you are dealing with and its hazardous properties.
- Understand the proper operation of conveyance equipment that is utilized in the shipping, receiving and transferring of grain and grain products and the associated safety systems of that equipment.
- Provide a high level of customer service by displaying courteous, helpful, knowledgeable interaction and behaviors.
- Housekeeping as related, but not limited to, the cleanliness and orderliness of the grain handling area (tunnels, concrete grounds, grass areas, etc.), as well as any areas within the plant as delegated by the Location Manager.
- Monitor equipment to ensure it is in good working order, participate in the overall maintenance of the facility and equipment - notify management of any necessary repairs or possible equipment concerns.
- Be an involved/engaged member of a team and be willing to act and think independently.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to collaborate with a team.
- Flexible and able to multitask; can work within a fast-moving environment.
- Ability to work long hours on a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays and evenings.
This job operates in an outdoor environment. There is exposure to grain dust, weather elements, heavy truck and machinery activity.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to work in confined spaces, climb ladders, handle heights up to 150 feet, and work in all weather conditions. This is a manual labor job. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds repetitively.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time seasonal position (expected to work from September-December (weather dependent).
Posting ID: 569057862Posted: 2020-10-18